Ashleymarie306
It's been 2 weeks since I lost my Meg. I still can't believe she is gone and now all I have left is her collar and a box of her ashes. It's still so hard to be without her but I think it's gotten easier because she wasn't living with me the past few years, I was already somewhat distanced. Before she died I had been applying to adopt a smaller dog for my apartment. I had forgotten all about it when Meg died and then a week later I got a call about a former puppy mill dog that needed a home. At first I was worried that if I considered it I was somehow not honoring Meg and trying to move on too soon. I still sometimes feel that way. But a part of me feels like this was Meg's way of helping me and the new dog heal together rather than apart. I don't think it was a coincidence that this dog just happened to find me, especially so close to my beautiful Meg's birthday. And I'm grateful I won't have to be alone anymore.
Quote 0 0
ebbsmom
Another pet will never replace Meg, but that's as it should be.  When I lost a dog several years ago, we found another one in the mountains when we were camping.  She just showed up at camp - extremely hungry.  We called her Camper Dog (Campy for short) and she was with us for many years.  I just lost Ebby (please read Ebby's story) and it was so sudden and she was only 8, this one has really thrown me for a loop.  It's been 3 weeks and I still cry every day.  Luckily we have two other dogs who need love and reassurance right now - it helps, but only to a point.
Keeping you in my thoughts.
Love you to the moon and back....
Quote 0 0