Jules_Anne
It's been almost 2 months since we lost Tess, Cross Shapei/Boxer. The grief is still so overwhelming. My father ran over her in the driveway, she was just shy of 12 years old. All our other dogs and cat passed away peacefully at the vet. I still cannot get the image of her lying under the car trapped out of my head. The worst thing is my 80 year old father doesn't know how it happened. He says he didn't see her but she was a medium size dog and it's impossible not to. I feel such a mixture of emotions still. Sadness, pain and anger. Some days the grief just overwhelms me.
We got her ashes back but it hasn't bought me any comfort.
2 years ago she went missing for almost 6 days. There were people phoning me telling me of a dog matching her description lying by the side of a busy road. We drove there and at first we thought it was her. Then we realised the collar was different. The sight of that dog never left me. The next day we found Tess. She had fallen down a hole. She miraculously escaped injury and then 2 years later dies in the driveway of her home. It all seems so unfair. Even though we have 3 other dogs the house feels so empty and I am so scared something will happen to them too. Our cross Daschaund/Jack Russell is nearly 16 and I worry constantly.
I just miss Tess so much. The photo is of her lying on her pillows just so content.
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Dear Jules Anne, Tess is beautiful and she looks so comfortable and happy in this picture. I'm so sorry to hear about this terrible accident. After being lucky enough to find her in a hole two years ago, and then for this to happen, is simply devastating. Hopefully she went quickly and didn't wake from her nap. Even although it was in your yard, it was better then if she's been hit on a road somewhere and you wouldn't find her. Your father most likely just didn't see her lying there or expect her to be there and if her hearing was bad she didn't hear his vehicle. It's extremely sad and I'm so sorry you lost her. Right now you will feel very protective of your other dogs but that's a natural reaction to this tragedy. Take Care. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Jules_Anne
Thank you CK1991 for your kind words.
Quote 0 0