Forum

Author   Comment  
Bearbear123

Reply with quote  #1 
It's been 5 years and I still get heartbroken about my loss of my cat. I think about his illness, if I did enough, should I have done more. I think about him when he was ill and in pain and it's so painful.

I feel so guilty he died at home with me because I just did not want to see he was.dying and was frightened to have him leave me. I wanted him home with me and at that time it was obviously how I felt ,it was something I thought was right for him but now I just worry it might just have been because I did not want him to leave me so I feel tremendous guilt.

I loved him,love him and to think I might have caused him pain because I did not want to put him down is just too much so I block thinking about him most of the time.

Reply with quote  #2 

You gave your cat a life that many are not lucky enough to have. Think about that. He had a home. He had love. Food and water. 

Don't think about what you should or should not have done. You are only human. I can tell you this, your kitty died happy. He had a family that loved him. He knows you love him. 

If only every cat was that lucky. 
Be strong. You'll meet again eventually and you'll see he loves you like family. 

Reply with quote  #3 

Oh sweet Kay,

I am so sorry and saddened reading you heartfelt post. Please know that one of the most important things that all of us here on this forum have learned is - there is no decision that you can make, when it comes to the end of a beloved pet's life, that you won't 2nd guess yourself about in a seemingly endless cycle. Whether you allow your cat to have a natural death at home, or have him put to sleep by a Vet, or if they pass away in an unfortunate accident, everyone experiences not only grief...but regret. It is a part of the grieving process.

You can easily see in your writing how much you truly loved, adored and cherished your cat and for you to still be thinking about him and his loss and how he passed away, 5 years later, shows how much you truly loved him. And for you to ask yourself for all those years if you made the right decision? And to come here and post and be self-critical? is very honest. And that shows character.

Please be gentle with yourself and allow yourself as much time as you need to come to terms with your decision. As Ana wrote above, your cat knew how much you loved him and that he was family to you.

Kind regards,
James
Bearbear123

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you for.your replies x

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you for.your replies x
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.