ricemanstm
The devil really knows how to mess with you...he really does.  

I'm driving home as I normally do when all of a sudden...
...this gray cat darts out into the street.  There's a purple Jag next to me so I can't cut right so I do the only thing I can and slam on the brakes.  The cat freezes and crouches down.  I start to angle the car left...thankfully there's no oncoming traffic.  It looks like I'm going to just pass over her.  I watch my speedometer dropping from 40...30..20...smoke is flying out from my tires...

...and then just as I think it's going to be clear...the cat decides to try and run for it.  I jerk the wheel even more to the left and the slides even more sideways.  If I can keep it away from the tires...

I hear a sickening thump under my seat.

I crank the wheel right to keep the tires off the cat.  I'm down to almost a complete stop.  The skid stops as the car goes to the right.  I look in the mirror and there's this gray body in the street.

There was nothing I could do.  The guy in the Jag has stopped.  He looks in his mirror, then looks at me.  Puts a smile on his face, shrugs, and keeps going.  In the mirror I see cars coming up behind me at speed and oncoming traffic is heading for me...

I had to keep going...

God help me...

I understand...things happen...but of all of God's creatures...why a cat?  Why not a squirrel or possum? It just had to be a cat...because that's how the devil likes to roll.  And if Satan was an ice cream flavor...

He'd be pralines and dick...

FML...
Stephen "Riceman" Myers
"The greatest tribute one can give a loved one is to share their life and stories with others."

Quote 0 0
et61
I understand things happen and to me that is one of the worst when driving. I had a similar experience only once, thank God, and it broke my heart. I didn't see the cat coming and heard the thump. What an awful feeling. We both tried to avoid the situation but unfortunately we had the same consequences. Upset me the entire day and it wasn't even my cat. Amazing how much we truly love animals on this forum.
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
So sorry this happened to you.  I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason but for the life of me I can't even begin to imagine what the reason for this is. 
Quote 0 0
ricemanstm
I can't either...I'm still grieving for Delenn so this...well it's just a cherry on top. <sarcasm intended>

I said a prayer after it happened, asked God to forgive me, and take this soul across the bridge into His Kingdom.
Stephen "Riceman" Myers
"The greatest tribute one can give a loved one is to share their life and stories with others."

Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I am so sorry you had to go through that. Once again things beyond our control. About 30 years ago my boyfriend was driving and the cat just jumped out in the street. It had this horrific look on its face. He could not avoid it. It still haunts me at times to this day.
Please try and find some peace and healing. Not your fault. Sending prayers.
Tammy
Quote 0 0