GEMINIXX69
This will be our first 4th of July without Minnie. Then Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. I used to enjoy all of these things now I have a sense of dread. I don't want to do any of these things without her. And I know you all can relate, but I feel like I don't even want to try and enjoy anything ever again. I would feel guilty if I even try. But that's also selfish of me because I have a teenager and other pets who need me. But I can't get over my heartache for Minnie. And the guilt. I don't know what to do. God please help us who are hurting. Thanks for listening.
Linda L.
Quote 1 0
Peach
I know that feeling all too well. For the longest time I felt like holidays were just a reminder, sort of a "in your face" type of thing. Unrelated to the general topic of pets, but I still struggle immensely with mother's day out of all the holidays.
For me it just helped to try and un-program the holidays and just see them as any other day. Of course, that isn't easy when you're constantly surrounded by reminders. And it might not be what's right for you either. We all grieve in such different ways that only you know what is the best thing for yourself. Sorry for your loss.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened” ~ Anatole France
Quote 0 0
P_Mom
Oh Linda how I relate.  This is my first 4th too without my baby (which we did not enjoy with fireworks going off everywhere here in the US) but I think of the firsts and the lasts all the time.  The last time I went here, ate this, did this, etc Patch was here.  And of course the firsts.  I'm dreading his birthday and Christmas (any gift giving really) as his absolute favorite was tearing open the bags and paper to get to the toys.  He was a master of this and the whole family knew it and brought him gifts - these days will now be empty and silent without him opening his gifts.  Hugs to you - I totally understand. 
Jennifer
Quote 0 0
GEMINIXX69
I absolutely hate fireworks. My Minnie was never bothered by them. I am glad she  felt safe and secure and didn't get stressed out like so many dogs do.  I wish fireworks were banned! (Not that it would stop people from doing them).  We live in a small town and we are very close to the designated area where people can legally do their fireworks. They are going off like crazy as I write this. And tomorrow on the actual 4th, they will be going off into the middle of the night. I wish people would be considerate and think of the frightened animals, but most do not even care, which I find incredibly sad and depressing. I pray all the animals find safety and comfort during all this nonsense.  
Linda L.
Quote 0 0
peke_bb
I'm so sorry for your loss of Minnie. I understand exactly how you are feeling. I'm dreading everything, every second. This is the first summer without him and it's just the worst. I don't want winter or Christmas to be here. Sometimes I don't even want time to past because it's just more days without him. 
Quote 0 0
CobbersMom
Yes, all the firsts ... even that night (the first time going to bed without Cobber), then the next morning... it’s going to be an awful list of firsts for a long time. And Facebook’s “you have memories” section every day sure doesn’t help since so many posts over the 7 years we had together involved my little man. It’s all so heartbreaking. I’m sorry for your loss and everyone else’s. This whole year has sucked anyway, but it’s just so much worse now - without my quarantine buddy... 😢
Quote 1 0
P_Mom
I hate fireworks too - feel bad for all the animals.  Yes it's a long list of firsts every single day.  I'm not on Facebook but get Shutterfly picture reminders, I know what you mean. 😪 But so thankful I have lots of pics. This is a terrible year.  I lost my boy in February, shortly before quarantine.  Ive been upset because I was then forced to work from home which I would be so thankful to have had everyday with him and did not. But then I'm thankful I was able to be with him at the end as I know many couldn't go in due to  Covid. I'm struggling because we moved in Nov and he passed in February. Everything here is pretty much a first and having a very hard time feeling this is 'home' without him. 
Jennifer
Quote 1 0
Monroegirl
I understand. Especially struggling today.
Quote 0 0