Traveler519
I celebrated Christmas with my family today (Mom, sister, and 2 nieces).  My niece knows what happened with my cat because I took her shopping last Saturday for gifts, the very day after my 10 year old cat was hit by a car.  I had a dark cloud over me that day and I explained to her when I picked her up that I was very sad because of my pets death.  She is only 8 but she tried cheering me up. 

My favorite gift today?  My niece made me a handmade card.  Inside she drew and colored a picture of my sweet Nemo and wrote a few simple words "I am sorry for what happened".  I kept it together and hugged her and thanked her, but tears were in my eyes and laying here looking at it, I am bawling. 
Her simple understanding and thoughtfulness touched my heart. 

I am very fortunate that I have a family who has been genuinely supportive; maybe I don't have a lot of family, but they (Mom and sister) have all been helpful.  I know I am lucky in that sense because so many people act like it was "just a pet". 

I know this site has newcomers every day and to you I say-- I am so very sorry for your loss.  For those who have been holding my hand this last week,--thank you. Your kindness does not go unnoticed. 
Quote 0 0
bear62
What a wonderful gift. Children have such a special connection to pets that so many adults seem to lose. I have a similar letter to Fuzz from a 6 year old that I feel the same way about. The pain can still be overwhelming for me 5 days out, but I was thinking this morning If I had it all to do over again I would Love Fuzz just the same. This pain is still a bargain in the tradeoff of having her in my life.  I hope you can find some times of peace to reflect on the great blessing that it was to have Nemo in your life... Take Care today my thoughts are with you.
Quote 0 0
Tail11
I concur with bear62. You are fortunate to have such a wonderful niece. Sending warm thoughts your way.
Quote 0 0
danzey
bear62..........................Your exactly right when you say you'd love Fuzz all over again.  That's how I feel.  As bad as we all feel, would any of us change what we had?  Not a chance!!! We'd do it all over again; no question..................danzey
Quote 0 0