scruffy
So many of us suffer with memories of our pets. And it seems like the pain never ends. But you know what? I have good news for you! There's a reason why even after months and years you still have feelings for your precious pets. 

The reason why is because there's a connection between you and your pets that remains unbroken.
In other words it's like a kite flying way up in the sky. You can't touch it, but you can feel it tugging on the string in your hands. Likewise your pets are way up in the sky in heaven, and you can't touch them but you can feel them tugging on the strings of your heart.

Having strong feelings for your pets even after months and years is a good thing. It shows that the bond (the string) between you and your pets is still there. 

Bye for now.
David

Quote 0 0
always_tuffy
Thank you David.  Your post is both insightfull and comforting.  I'm sure it will bring comfort to so many, me included.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal;
Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Tuffy, My Puppy Love
June 20, 2005-July 26, 2010

Becky Leigh, Queen of my Heart
December 2010-November 10, 2015
Quote 0 0
donnalee

I love the kite analogy.  What a beautiful way to think of it.....

Quote 0 0
GrievingGinger
David, you are such a smart impressive young man!  You have written so many compassionate and well though out posts.  Thank you!
Quote 0 0
judylinn

I love the analogy. thank you David.

Quote 0 0
jen2010

wow that is so true David

Quote 0 0
quirks
again yr post just blows me away........ u have a great future ahead of u. bless u
erika xoxo
Those people who dislike cats, will be mice in their next life.......
Remy...entered my life 4th April 2010......left for the Bridge 9th August 2010.
loved, missed and cherished.
Quote 0 0
defjoe
It's impossible to break that bond
Quote 0 0
Polly

Very true...

Quote 0 0