Bear_Bear
My little kitty, Robin Adrian Little Bear, was put to sleep on August 21, 2013.  He'd been on a high dose of drugs and an appetite stimulant while we were waiting final biopsy results.  When Bear suddenly stopped responding to the meds and his doctor was unable to offer any solutions or hope, I made the agonizing decision to have him put to sleep.  He hated going to the vet and had been in and out of clinics and hospitals since May.  He was losing ground and I hated seeing him fade into a shell of his former self.  I was not strong enough to keep going and it seemed cruel to subject him to more procedures.  I don't know if I could have done more, but I tried so hard for my Bear.
Anyway, I created this topic because of something I was doing while Bear was alive. He had to take different things at different times of day so I put reminders on my Iphone.  After he died, I realized that these reminders would be automatically erased as the days moved forward.  That bothered me so much.  It would be like erasing my Little Bear.  I could not think what to do and then one day I hit upon an idea.  I decided to memorialize my little kitty as a calendar event and to make the event a daily occurrence.  That way, every day I would have a reminder pop up with my Robin Adrian's name on it.  He would keep moving with me into the future instead of being relegated to the past.  And honestly, despite the fact that I am a mess, seeing those reminders each day has given me a tiny jolt of happiness.  A reminder that I have a baby I loved and still love.  So I wanted to share my silly idea with the rest of you, in the hopes that you might find it a small comfort as well.

Alicia/Robin Adrian Bear's MomRobin_Adrian_Bickley.jpg 
Robin Adrian "Little Bear"s Mom
Please sign my baby's guestbook?
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/ROBIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
It's not a silly idea. It's a lovely idea.
When Misty went, I still did things I used to do. Every night in her life I used to give her the last little bit of something off my plate. She never begged while I used to eat dinner, she lay still and good on her bed, then when I'd finished, every night I gave her one tiny thing....maybe a piece of fish, or omelette, or a couple of green beans....whatever. So after she passed, every night I still did the same thing, saved her a tiny piece of something, and said the exact words. And every time I did it, I felt automatically close to her for a moment. It was a nice feeling.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
maddy79
It is not silly at all, anyone who grieves will understand. I have been doing all sorts of things for over 7 months now and they did help. For the first 4 months I have isolated myself, but having her pictures everywhere, seeing her face all the time, lighting a candle every day, all this helped me get out of that state and at least socialize a little. Like you said, it is that feeling that she is still a part of my life. People around me don't agree of course, but I don't care. I know what is best for me. And it is nice to come here and learn that I am not the only one.
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar

Thanks for sharing your idea, I like it a lot, I have done several little things to when my sweet Sadie passed away, she left me on Dec, 13, 2010, it will be almost 3 years in dec. I cant believe its been that long, it still seems so very sclose to me when she passed. oh how I miss her so much and long to hold her again just 1 more time. she was my soulmate and it was so hard to let her go on that horrible day, I cried so much for weeks on end, and till this day I still will cry for her once in a while when I think of all the happy times we had together, we had 8 wonderful years together that was such a short time for us she was a little Pomeranian and they live twice that long usually, but she got sick at an early age and it was so sad!!!!! RIP SADIE GIRL, until I see you again someday girl wait for mommy!!!!!  sadiesmommy

my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
mdoumani
OMG Bear Bear, my little Jerri looked just like Robin Adrian Little Bear. It was such a relief to get your response on my post and it drew me to your post and it brought joy to see Robin Adrian Little Bear picture. I hadn't been able to look at Jerri's photo's its been to painful but some how looking at yours has made me feel differently:) Thank you and know that I am thinking of you at this time and for you to know your picture of your baby brought joy to my soul
Quote 0 0
Bear_Bear
I'm so happy you got something valuable out of my reply. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Hugs to you!
Robin Adrian "Little Bear"s Mom
Please sign my baby's guestbook?
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/ROBIN001/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0