carverman

For almost 2 years, I had a beautiful mixed coon breed longhair that went by the name of Rascal,
according to the people a few doors up the street from me that found him (as a very young cat),
I think and took him in. Rascal did not get along with their dog, although they did have a cat
at the time. Rascal being a neutered male liked to wander around on my street, so when he
approached me in a friendly way in November 2011, I took him in and fed him. He was undernourished
at the time, but soon with my TLC he gained weight and was very friendly with me. Because my
other cat didn't get along with him, he had the downstairs room to himself at night when my
other cat had the run of the house. His room was equipped with a pet door that
allowed him into my back yard, where I sat many a day at the picnic table with him, and fed him
cat treats. He was a beautiful 4-5 year old cat, I think. Anyway, last night he got outside and
didn't come back for his customary breakfast at 6am and then a nap with me on the couch.

I searched up and down the street looking for him at 6:30am and found it strange that he
didn't come running when I called him by name, or showed up at my door this morning.
At 7am my neighbor two doors down ran into my house and exclaimed "Are you missing your cat?"

Yes I replied, where is he?  The neighbour had found him with what appeared to be a pink  small
dog leash wrapped so tightly around his neck in a knot that I had trouble  it getting loose.
By this time rigormortis had set in.
Being so friendly he must have met the sicko that did that to him during the late evening yesterday.

I scooped him up with the leash and called the cat rescue lady, then rushed him over in
my scooter to the local vets to find out what had to be done. The receptionist saw the body
and told me this was a clear case of animal abuse, she called the Ottawa Police and the
Ottawa Humane Society for further investigation. The police came to the vets and took 
my statement, then went door to door on my street asking neighbors if they saw anything.

Rascal.JPG 
More to follow on Rascal's story with my eulogy coming up. 

Quote 0 0
ThomasCatsMummy
I am so so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Rascal - I hope the police find the dreadful person who did this.  I hate humans at times I really do.
Thomas Cat
In our lives 14/4/2009 - 18/05/2013
In our hearts forever
Quote 0 0
jdavis515
I don't have any words....how horrible and traumatic...I feel sick for you and especially for Rascal.

Do not let up on the police until they find the sick person who did this. Rascal deserves justice and you deserve the peace that comes with it.

Jeanine
Quote 0 0
wlc68
What a horrible thing for someone to do!  I am so sorry and feel so bad for you. Don't let the police or the Humane Society give up on Rascal and I hope they find the evil person that did this and is punished to the fullest. Rascal's a beautiful cat!
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
This is terrible, horrid and shocking.
Poor beautiful Rascal. At least he knew what a good life (with you) was all about, and had a chance to share a loving relationship.
But OMG! I am so very sorry! Your grief and anger must be tremendous right now.
I hope they catch the person who did this. It is a very sick thing to do to a harmless friendly animal. I hope they are stopped and jailed, and never get the chance to do anything like this ever again.

My condolences to you, and blessings for dear Rascal's spirit. He is free from any fear or pain, and will remember the love he shared with you, not his terrible end.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
jennaissance
My sincerest apologies to you for the loss of Rascal. Losing a pet is difficult enough, but to have to add that his death was caused by the abuse of some sicko is just shocking and horrific. I'm not going to pretend to know what you are going through right now. I do hope that you can find some comfort in the wonderful life that you were able to provide him. I feel like it would be so hard to do that dealing with this sick act, though. I hope they find the person and they get their punishment. Whoever did this will have to live with their actions for the rest of their life and I really hope it haunts them and that they have an enormous sense of guilt over what they have done. Like Mitsysmama said, I hope that someday you can just remember his love and not this horrible thing that happened, but that's probably going to take some time. You and Rascal and in my thoughts.
Jenna
Quote 0 0
Seleya
I wish I knew the words that would give you some comfort. My heart goes out to you. 

I hope that (pick your favorite expletive) gets what they deserve and that karma is just.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.”
― Anatole France
Quote 0 0
Mouflesmama

Words cannot express what I am feeling right now just reading your words. I know you must be suffering terribly thinking of your Rascal. I am glad that you found this site and have a place to pour out your grief to others who are walking through pain of our own. My heart goes out to you, Rascal and all others who have suffered in a similar manner. I will pray for Rascal and send healing thoughts out for you. And like the others, I do hope this person is caught and somehow finds help.

Blessings,

Cathy
“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever”
~Winnie the Pooh
Quote 0 0
Baileys_mum_01
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Rascal.  I cannot believe there are people who can do something like that to a beautiful loving animal.  I really hope this person is caught and dealt with appropriately.  Rascal is so beautiful.  You did a wonderful thing taking him into your home and your heart and showing him the meaning of real unconditional love.  My heart goes out to you.  Rascal is at peace now and no one can hurt him anymore.  I am just so sorry you are having to go through all of this.  He knew how much you loved him.  You and Rascal are both in my thoughts.  I really hope this horrible cruel person is found and punished.  Take care.
Quote 0 0
smkovalinsky
Your story makes me sick.  What kind of a monster would do this to such a beautiful and loved animal as your kitty was?  Yes,  call the police.  This person needs to be caught and punished.  Many a serial killer began with animals.  Will this person strangle a child  next?  I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR HORRIBLE LOSS.
Quote 0 0
Scottdadtothehoney
It took me a while to even open this.
I can't even begin to describe the horror and the anger I feel about this incident.
I am so, so, so sorry.
I think the police take any type of crime against animals far too lightly. The punishments need to be stiffer, much stiffer.
Not that I believe in any kind of vigilante "justice" against the perpretrator, but this type of crime makes me want to see that happen.
Again, I am so sorry.
Thinking of you.

Scott G
Quote 0 0
carverman
Thank you everyone for all your kind thoughts in my time of grief. I do have another rescued kitty and she is an indoor cat,
so she won't share the same fate as my Rascal.
I am a supporter of the Ottawa Humane Society with monthly contributions, as well  as earned my "Wings" (angel wings)
supporting a no kill cat rescue and sanctuary outside of Ottawa.  
I have made lots of nice cat shelfs for the cat rescue to raise funds aloing with my contributions, and being a carver,
I have now carved and painted 12 half size cats in different colours.
For those that are  interested in my unique cat carvings, email me and I will send you some pictures of my carvings.

Thank you so much again for your compassion.

Daniel (carverdank@gmail.com)
Quote 0 0
SarahSommerh
The same recently happened to me and i just want to know if my cat died painfully or not since he’s already gone :(
Quote 0 0
Sobarkh
They are criminal
As a poem publisher I always find best possible language from all over the world. And I got this...Really nice forum with full of information. High class language as well.You may visit my site by clicking here আধুনিক কবিতা
Quote 0 0