Courtney8982
I am only days into this journey of pet loss still. It hurts every day so far. I'm still waiting on some lab results to come back to indicate if my pumpkin did have a brain tumor. I know it doesn't change things but I still want to see the results. Does this make sense?
Also yesterday I went to a pet loss group where I had pumpkin cremated and the strangest thing happened to me. While I was sitting in the chair I felt something brush past my neck and back. I am the biggest skeptic of all these things but I swear it happened. It was so strange. Does anyone have thoughts?
I just feel so alone.
Quote 0 0
bluebubble
It is totally normal to want answers about what happened -- when Piper passed, we let them do a biopsy on her liver and it confirmed for us that it was lymphoma. It has helped with my healing for sure, knowing what happened and being able to give it a name. It has helped with the guilt, in my case, getting rid of the "was there more I could have done?" doubts.

I am also a skeptic, and until Piper's loss last week would have classified myself as extremely Agnostic. Her death has sparked something in me, a renewal of faith in an afterlife. When she passed, we had a few moments with her to say good-bye. Even though she was gone, when I was stroking her fur I knew in some inexplicable way that she was still there with us. I almost feel silly saying it out loud, but I know in my heart what I felt.

You are not alone.
Quote 0 0
Courtney8982
Thank you. I'm sorry for your loss too.
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I think all of us have had "something" happen that we can't explain.  I too am a BIG skeptic but what happened to me with my Molly I am "choosing" to believe was her telling me she is ok. 

We went away after her loss because I couldn't stay in the house, just couldn't.  My daughter let us use her time share at Lake Tahoe and very early one morning I was at my computer and it was just getting light and I happened to glance out the window to see a tri color beagle romping in the fresh snow off leash.  What are the odds?????  First most people know that you don't let a "scent hound" off leash or they are nose to the ground and GONE, plus Molly LOVED the snow, and how many tri color beagles do you see these days?

How many things had to come together at that precise moment for that to happen??  Can't begin to count them or even if it is possible.

We are CHOOSING to believe that it was Molly showing us she is whole and happy.  You are NOT alone nor are you crazy as someone is bound to tell you.  Ignore them and take comfort where you can.
Birthday photo.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
I am also a skeptic, so im not sure if im getting signs or not. I am hopeful though. Maybe I am to aware of my surroundings now and I am looking way too hard for them. Monday walking down the hallway to my office at work if spotted a tiny white feather on the floor. Is it a sign? or did it come in with someone here? then yesterday I found a dime in the same hallway. Is it a sign? or did someone drop it? In the back of my mind I hope they are signs but for some reason I can be completely sure. I just hope im not aggravating my buddy because I am shrugging off these possible signs from him.
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
Courtney8982
Thank you both. So sorry for both of your losses and glad to know I am not alone in what I felt.
Quote 0 0
Bizbol
Although I would prefer we didn't need to have this conversation, it is nevertheless comforting to read posts from people who have the same beliefs - or non-beliefs - as I do. I'm sorry you all have to go through this pain and heartbreak. It was, and still is, to some degree, the hardest situation I have experienced. Needless to say, I wish you great strength and courage.

I have never been a spiritual man. Losing my dearest friend Tsuk, an adorable and very kind-hearted Pomeranian, shook my beliefs incredibly. All of a sudden, I felt the real anguish that death brings and that sense of finality non-spiritual people experience when facing it. I found myself wanting to believe that Tsuk was still with me, in more than thought. Since, I have had what I could call signs, including extremely vivid and soothing dreams of Tsuk, the likes of which I had never known before. I'm still not sure what to believe, but Beaglemomma says something we should all live by: "take comfort where you can". In the end, does it really matter what is true and what isn't? What one chooses to believe is essentially true, especially in those aspects of life where neither science nor religion seem to give us plausible answers.  

I lost Tsuk in September and talk to him every night before falling asleep. I'm not sure he hears me, but I really like to believe he does. Actually, I really hope he does.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts on the subject. It is of great help to me, and many others, I'm sure. Also, nothing you will say will ever sound silly to me, nor should you feel silly saying it. I'm sure this goes for all forum members. 

Sending you all thoughts of healing and peace,

Eric
Quote 0 0
Courtney8982
Sorry for your loss Eric and thank you for sharing.
Quote 0 0