Forum

Author   Comment  
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #1 
I finally got a good night's sleep last night.  It felt good. I really needed it. So, what did I do differently? I ate dinner earlier (around 6 PM) instead of later (around 8 PM). I also tried another herb last night. It's called Lemon Balm. You can take it as a tincture or as a tea with dried leaves. I'm quite sure that you can take it other ways too, I'm just not aware of them. I decided to buy the dried leaves at my local health food store. They measured out a small plastic bag on the scale and told me it would cost $ 3.00. I thought that was very reasonable. They didn't mark how many ounces were in the bag but it looks to be enough to make lots of tea over a two week period. I had been reading that Lemon Balm seems to work synergistically with things like Passionflower, Oats, Valerian, Skullcap, etc. I was about to find out. I made some tea after dinner. To me, Lemon Balm smells like so many other teas that I ddn't notice anything that distinguishes it as unique. The taste is okay. Once again, nothing out of the ordinary. Not bitter at all. I drank two small cups. Then I took (20) drops (tincture) of Passionflower  mixed with water, I didn't notice anything at all. I settled in to watch the baseball playoffs on TV. About an hour or so later, I realized that I had dozed off for a while. I woke up and felt really good. I didn't have any grogginess at all. I felt very calm. I climbed into bed about 10:30 Pm and immediately fell alseep. I did wake up several times but was able to fall back asleep each time. I awoke about 6:15 AM and felt refreshed . I'm going to try the Lemon Balm and Passionflower thing again tonight. Let's hope it helps again. 

Jim

Reply with quote  #2 
Glad to hear you finally had good night's sleep. Keep us posted of night 2.
Stealthcat

Reply with quote  #3 
I am glad you are finding what works! I know sleep can be elusive when grief sets in. And I am sure the lack of it doesn't help with our emotional health. So that's great news that you're getting some more!
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #4 
Gingers_Mommy:

Thanks for your concern. I really needed the sleep. How are you sleeping these days?

Jim

Reply with quote  #5 
Stealthcat:

I really appreciate your concern. The Lemon Balm and Passionflower seem to work well together. I discontinued - for now - the l-theanine (Amino Acid). It was making me feel naseous. I didn't like the next day feeling. How are you sleeping? You're right it can be elusive. 

Jim

Reply with quote  #6 
Hi Jim,

These past few nights I've been taking Benadryl to sleep. Tonight however, a bit after 10pm will mark one week that I last saw her. One week from loosing her forever. I don't think I want to dull that with a sleep aid. Not tonight. On Monday I'll probably resume the benadryl. Eventually I'd like to switch to a natural alternative though. Thanks for asking.
fortlauderdale1984

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you for the information, I'm happy to hear that you got rest. I'm going to try some lemon balm and hopefully that will do the trick. Keep us posted, friend.

Stephanie
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #8 
Gingers_Mommy:

I'm glad that the Benadryl is helping you. Sleep is so essential to good health. Let us know if you decide to go the natural sleep aid route. Please keep us posted.

Jim

Reply with quote  #9 
Hi Stephanie:

Thanks for your response. Glad to hear that you're going to give the Lemon Balm herb a try. I had some Lemon Balm tea earlier today and then some Passionflower (about 20 drops) tincture mixed with water. I feel okay. Hopefully I'll sleep okay again tonight. Let us know how you do with the herbs, Keep us posted.

Jim

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks Jim,
Will do! I'm always looking for a natural alternative instead of meds, again much appreciated for the recommendation.

Stephanie
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.