animal_qwackers
Snowing today, my beautiful Solly. How you loved the snow. I can hear you whine as I grabbed your leash and you danced round excitedly, desperate to go outside. I can see the delight on your adorable face as you played in the cold, deep, white blanket. I miss you, my treasure. I haven't been feeling too well over the past couple of days and yearn to feel your warmth as you would comfort me when I was feeling a little ill. The snow today is yet another reminder of the fun we once had.

I composed a little poem for you.

With every flake of falling snow,
Times recalled, not long ago,
When cares were few, and laughter, loud
My regal Solly, big and proud.

Through the snow and frost, we'd trudge our way,
I'd watch your antics, watch you play,
Throwing much loved snowballs for you to catch,
Those days I know I'll never match.

All togged up, warmth I didn't lack,
You, in thick winter coat of tan and black,
Your love for me purer than the snow you adored,
My love for you higher than the birds that soared.

The sharp air biting as we walked,
Your keen ears listening as I talked,
Kicking our way through a blanket of white,
Your eyes so alert, so beautifully bright.

Those snowy days treasured until I die,
When again we will bound through snow, you and I,
For no one can take those sweet memories away,
They're with you in my heart, Solly, and that's where they'll stay!

570.jpg 
MY GORGEOUS, DARLING SNOW DOG. I LOVE YOU SO, MY BOY, AND ALWAYS WILL xxx

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Dalidog
That poem is beautiful!  I hope you are keeping them in a book, they should be published.  Beautiful tribute to your Solly.  My Dali only saw the snow once (we live in Louisiana).  I have pictures of her frolicking in the snow, she loved it.  Thanks for posting your poem.  Hugs to you and Solly from me and Dali

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
I Love your heart filled poems.How handsome Solly is. What a beautiful boy he is. You have so many wonderful poems and quotes they really are heart warming. I wished I was able to write more. Your calendar is amazing too!

Smiles and Hugs to you
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
Leahbeahis
Yet another amazing poem. This should be published. I know you are having a rough time right now, and it hurts worse when our babies aren't here with us helping us get through. Solly is gorgeous. It looks like he had been rolling around in the snow that day. I'm sure he'd comfort you right now if he could. You have beautiful memories of your babies, thank you for sharing Wendy.
~ Leah
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Dalidog, Susan, and Leah – many thanks for your wonderful comments on my post. Those days in the snow with my handsome boy, Solly, will always be treasured. They are immensely precious to me, like every other day I spent with him. He was the light of my life, always will be. To me, there could never be another Solly. He had imperfections, of course, but to me he was, and is, perfect. Better a flawed diamond, than a perfect pebble. He is my 24 carat gold shining star; my canine heart and soul, my everything.

Love you, Sol, with a love that could never die. My heart is with you always and forever. 

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0