mamame
Our cattle dog Arnold was hit by a car last night. His injuries were too grievous and despite my wanting to do anything to save him we chose to help him cross over the rainbow bridge. Most difficult thing in life really to do this..and I feel terribly guilty for not trying to save him. I miss him. I’m sad and I cannot quit crying. He wasn’t even one year old yet.
I know time will heal this but his memory hurts terribly right now. I’m picking up his toys and bed and food and I’m just devastated by this. Just needed to have the company of others who are grieving to help me pass this difficult time. God bless the animals and their grieving caretakers.
Quote 0 0
camunki
oh Mamame, is this your sweet boys name or what is his name?

I am so sorry for the pain you are feeling, your boy loves you to the moon and back and yes, guilt always seems to come into the equation when we lose a beloved pet, our babies.

Please know the first few months are by far the very hardest. I myself, lost 3 beloved pets in a 22 month period. My Jemma, Munki and Daizy...they were all considered "senior" pets but 2 had cancer and Jemma had and illness that came on so quickly I had to set her free within a 5 day period. I miss them all so much.

Please keep posting, it does help and there are so many understanding people on this forum.

My heart goes out to you at this time.....(((big hugs....Cam))))

Cam

Quote 1 0
Nessastef
mamame wrote:
Our cattle dog Arnold was hit by a car last night. His injuries were too grievous and despite my wanting to do anything to save him we chose to help him cross over the rainbow bridge. Most difficult thing in life really to do this..and I feel terribly guilty for not trying to save him. I miss him. I’m sad and I cannot quit crying. He wasn’t even one year old yet.
I know time will heal this but his memory hurts terribly right now. I’m picking up his toys and bed and food and I’m just devastated by this. Just needed to have the company of others who are grieving to help me pass this difficult time. God bless the animals and their grieving caretakers.

Mamame,
I too had to make the ultimate decision of helping my pit bull mastiff cross over to the rainbow bridge. Know that your love will be eternal for your pup. No one and nothing can ever take away the memories you two shared together. It’s never ever easy to let go of a friend especially at such a young age. We all grieve for the loss of our loved ones but we must remember we loved them and they loved us. Love is an amazing gift to share and you definitely loved Arnold. I hope you find comfort in this time of darkness, the sun will shine again. You are loved. A millions hugs to you.
Quote 1 0
mamame
Thank you so much for your kind words!

His name was Arnold and I miss saying it aloud.

I've been through this before and it is always traumatic and something one never gets used. It never gets easier- maybe more difficult. Each loss weighs heavier than the one before.
Circumstances don't matter as each loss is unique in its own way.

I so hope that we get to see our fur babies in heaven- happy and healthy with lots of sloppy kisses.
Mourning my loss- thank you
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
I am so so sorry for your loss! My dog died Dec. 13. A dear friend of mine's dog was also killed by a car this past weekend - he got away from him. I am checking in on him frequently as he has been doing for me for months - now we are both mourning.
This forum has been so helpful for me, to know that I am not alone, and that my feelings and thoughts are NOT crazy and in fact normal.
I have been unable to find an "in-person" pet support group where I live... except for friends who have also lost dogs or cats, etc.
Keep coming back!
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
Dasiiy
I lost Darcy my beloved pet dog on 24 August 2013 she was my little lamb tail I miss her
v.Shaw
Quote 0 0
Stasia
Hi mamame,

I am so, so, very sorry! That must be horrible! Please do not feel guilty - you did the best thing you could do. There is no more pain or suffering bc of your very brave decision. It's hard I know. It's such an intense pain. I was lucky I had Sylvester for 20 years. I can't imagine losing a pet within a year. You must be devastated. It only takes about 5 seconds to get attached and fall in love with them, I know...lol.
Stasia
Quote 0 0
Dasiiy
It was hard because lost my Dad and grandma and Darcy all in same year I miss her too but now got two wonful pets cats Sydnee and Annbel and love there called them my little Angels
v.Shaw
Quote 0 0