spotzie
Had a gut feeling that after my cats sister passed suddenly her brother would follow. She had a heart attack 2 months ago and was gone. Her brother both 15 was lost it seemed. He would stay by my elder mothers side but at first I figured he was just depressed, then he started drinking a lot of water and would sit on dining room table with mom. Made him a nice bed on the floor which he loved and just sat and slept alot. He seemed to change and would just sleep in his bed.. Past few days he did not eat much..Went to moms in AM  was opening curtains and there was moms cat on the window sill could not breathe well and would not move wanted outside air. I freaked. Brought him to the vet had chest congestion into lungs and an irregular heartbeat. xray was not good. Either give lasix to extend time if it works or a needle in chest to get fluid out or ultrasound.... Vet said best to put him down. I sat with him for an hour he seemed distant and tired, then decided to put him down...Now mom has no cats and she is ill on top of it and does not remember , though asks from time to time. I have put down her 3 cats already this year.. One in January, one in May and now one yesterday..Its so amazing how you can lose a beloved pet in a minute. Vet felt it was heart failure....Life is so hard ,fine one minute a total disaster the next, Cannot believe Moms cats are gone and I had to do it... Rest in peace Booo!! 
Quote 0 0
doxylove
I am so terribly sorry for your losses and for what you and your Mom are experiencing.  
My little girl was with me every step of the way throughout my father's illness and death and then my Mom's.  We went through a lot.  Mimi was my never ending source of comfort, support and joy, my ray of hope, and my everlasting sunshine.  She was cherished, adored, and idolized.
Today I am bringing Mimi's ashes home.  My Mom's ashes are home with me as well; my family is still waiting for her inurnment service to be scheduled by the cemetery (due to the backlog of military funerals).
I send you and your Mom love, light and hugs - please know that I understand what you're going through.

Quote 0 0
spotzie
Thank you Doxylove very kind words. I just got back from moms as she has no memory of her cat not being there, a matter of time when she asks again. My heart juts breaks being in there and seeing places where her cat lied and stayed. I am so heartbroken. When she was in a deep sleep the other day I couldn't wake her and her cat kept running around her meowing and going to the window it was very bizarre as he knew she is not well and perhaps he knew he was not so he stayed close to her then retreated a little. I just figured he was tired... Then this out of the blue..The other cats were cremated and that was the first time as I always buried them.. Felt best as people say you can always take them with you and still be close to them... For a while I thought moms cat could smell them through the boxes the ashes are in which are on the table as I was wondering why he stayed on the dining room table so much next to mom...Perhaps he knew more than we did and just wanted to stay close...I always thought I end up taking moms cat home with me someday as they were part of her but not in the cards I guess..I feel your pain and you will be in my thoughts..
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for your loss.  Losing a beloved pet is one of the most heartbreaking things you can deal with.  You are so right, life is not fair.  They can be here one moment fine and then gone in an instant.  My girl left one Saturday morning without warning or goodbye. Has been 9 1/2 months and I am devastated. I'm so sorry you and your mom have to go through this. The love of a furbaby is worth the pain.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0