JaspersMom
Hi my sweet Jasper,
I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you and wishing with all my heart that you were right here beside me. Thanksgiving is coming soon, but it just will not be the same without you, how I used to love this happy and festive happy season ... now it just seems to deepen my sense of loss. Oh how I miss you my precious baby, and what I would give to have just one more day with you, but even if I did have that one more chance, I would try to hold on so tight and I would never ever let you go.

I am so sorry we missed out on so much time together, you should have been here for so many more years. Our last few days together were so hard, you were so very sick, and even though I tried to be strong, I know that you saw my tears. Now I need to focus on all the wonderful and special times we shared, you brought so much joy and light into my life, and you so changed my world. I wish I could just reach up to the sky and bring a rainbow down, with you on it my sweet boy, I just so want to hold you again one more time. Stay close to me Jasper, no matter how much time passes, I will never let you leave my heart. You are like my little snowflake, so small, so sweet. and so precious, but gone way too soon ... mommy loves you always and forever.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Jasper is such a beautiful cat. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm sure Jasper will wait for you until you are together again; he knows his mom loves him and he loves you deeply.

I'm feeling delicate today. It's 17 weeks since I lost my own beloved furball, my feline soul mate, Gonzo, and over 7 weeks since I said goodbye to my canine soul mate, Solly. I've cried so much today, feels like I have cried an ocean. This is the price we pay for loving our babies, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hope you get through Thanksgiving okay. I'm based in the UK, so we don't have Thanksgiving, but I appreciate what you mean about a happy, festive season deepening your sense of loss. Halloween did that for me and Christmas/New Year will be nightmarish. In truth, I wish they were over and done with as my babies loved to be pampered at Christmas. I hope it doesn't snow, as my Solly adored the snow and I can remember Gonzo coming in out of the snow and shaking his back legs and paws to get rid of the cold flakes. He was such a character. If, and when, snowflakes start falling, I know I will be in bits. Bittersweet memories; buckets of tears.

Please take care of yourself. Jasper would want you to be as happy as you can be, although I know it is difficult when coping with the loss of a beautiful pet. It's just a case of muddling through without those wondrous fur babies who will wait for us until we are ready to meet again.

My thoughts are with you.

Wendy

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Thank you so much animal_qwakers for your kind and thoughtful response to my letter to Jasper. I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your kitty Gonzo and your doggie Solly, how very hard it must be to lose two of your precious babies within such a short time of each other, and my heart goes out to you. Gonzo and Solly sound so sweet, so special, and so loved, and I only wish I had the words to ease some of your sadness, but I am still trying to find my own little light at the end of this proverbial tunnel.

I know what you mean about the snow, and your words about how your little ones so enjoyed the snow were so heartfelt and touching ... I know how much you must miss them. You are so right about the memories being bittersweet, I remember how my Jasper used to love to sit on the windowsill and watch the snowflakes fall, all the while having his little paw out on my shoulder, he always wanted to be connected to me. I know that Jasper would never want to see my sad, and I am going to try to get though the holidays with a positive outlook.

Again I am so sorry for what you are going through, and that is so thoughtful of you to reach out to me in the midst of your own loss and grief. Although I would never wish this sadness on anyone, it does help to know we are not alone in this, and that others do understand. My thoughts are with you, and I wish you comfort and peace in the days ahead, and your kindness and support is so appreciated. I know that our dear pets are waiting for us just on the other side of the  rainbow, and I cannot wait to see my dear boy again and scoop him up in arms, and tell him how I have carried him in my heart every single moment of every single day, and how I will never ever let him go again.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0