sweetsadiesmom
Yesterday I came home to find my beloved white lab, Sadie, passed away.  I recently took her to the vet and was told she had cancer in her belly.  We had also had a sarcoma removed from her backside back in September.  In the four weeks since her diagnosis, she became larger with the growing masses and increasingly unhappy.  So, I knew the time was coming where I would have to make the decision to euthanize her.  When I got home, I couldn't find her, and finally looked in the last bedroom/bathroom.  She was laying on the floor in the bathroom, a place I've never seen her spend any time in.  My heart literally feels broken right now, and I hate the idea of living without her in my life  (not suicidal, just....broken).  She was 10 years old, practically to the day.  We had an amazing life together, with plenty of time where it was just her & I.  I loved her from second one and she is my best friend.  I always knew this day would come, but I hate this  :(

Quote 0 0
BraveHeart
Sorry to hear about your loss, they are never with us long enough, it is hard to lose a friend and constant companion. Its been a little over two months since we lost our little girl Ivy and there are times when it feels like the very day we said goodbye. It does get a little easier with time, but knowing that doesn't take away any of the pain you will feel.

We also knew Ivy was going to leave us one day, she had protein losing kidney disease for about 6 years and her kidneys just kept getting progressively more scarred. We think she had cushings disease too, and in the last year of her life she just couldn't shake an infection, from her ears to her bladder to various skin ailments. She was allergic to almost every antibiotic, so all we could do was support her the best we could with natural things and a great diet. But it was just a matter of time. She made it to 11 and a bit, tough old gal, she wanted to die under a tree but we wouldn't leave her outside for that long. Sounds like your Sadie knew her time too and found a place that maybe she thought was out of the way.

My thoughts are with you as you go through this new and terrible experience. Be gentle with yourself and take care of yourself.
Quote 0 0
Vickye
I am sorry to hear about Sadie. It is so hard to be alone after always having a constant companion.  I have also, learned the hard way, I lost my little Cosette in March.  At the very least it doesn't sound like she suffered or her death came hard.  I am getting more used to being alone after two months. I don't like it but am in no way ready to accept a new dog into my life.
Please accept my deepest sympathy,
Vicky (Cosette's mom)
Quote 0 0
judylinn
I am so sorry for your loss of Sadie...she is soooo beautiful. I lost Maddie at 10 to cancer as well. she was my only family and companion, so I so understand how hard this is for you. It just seems so unfair that these precious beings are with us for such a short time.  Let yourself just cry it out as much as you need to....sending you blessings and prayers...Judylinn
Quote 0 0
julieandfurbabies
I am so sorry too for the loss of your beautiful girl.  My love to you xx

Love Julie x
Quote 0 0
sadieandsugar
Im so very sorry of your loss of Sadie, My heart breaks for you, I also Lost My Sweet  Sadie girl too she was my Pomeranian, and we were together for 8 years, I felt like I was gonna die when I had to put her to sleep, its so painful, so I know what you are going threw. if you ever need to talk please just email me anytime, here is my email address sadieandsugar@live.com Im Christine you take care and godbless
my sweet sadie girl she was a pomeranian and she was the sweetest little girl ever, she loved every one and she loved life in general she was my child because my husband and I could never have kids of our own, so she was definately our daughter, she was thebest furkid ever in my life we were soul mates from the beginning , we adopted her when she was only 8 weeks old, she was so cute and then she turned out to be the most beautiful pomeranian ever I have ever seen in my life. she was with us for 8 wonderful years but I didnt think that was long enough she was so young when we had to put her to sleep, she had diabetes foe a few years and then her kidneys just started shutting down it was so sad it killed us when we had to say goodbye to sadie!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Sadie.
She is such a beautiful baby girl.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Love is Love and Grief is Grief- there is no difference.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -
LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please come back and post some more pictures of your beautiful Sadie so we can get to know her through you.

If you read the beginning of any one of our threads from the first page you will see yourself.
We all care about you and we all understand how difficult it is to even breathe in the beginning raw searing pain of new grief. We are all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

You Are In My Thoughts.

Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0