JerseyNonna
here in this wonderful place i can always find comfort, solace and understanding souls who daily offer to strangers encouragement and support all the while experiencing the same heartbreak.  the night i lost my roxie i remembered about the rainbow bridge residents area so i visited and as much as i tried that night to set a page up for my girl...the shear pain was just too overwhelming.  next day i looked in the different areas here and found this absolutely wonderful place and i knew if i was going to get through losing my girl, i had to be here. 

so much kindness from total strangers here when at home people known to us often fail to understand or comprehend just how much we are hurting or just how deep that hurt is going right now.  every person here is going through the same heartbreak yet we reach out with support and encouragement to others in the exact place we are.  human kindness or divine intervention from our babies sending us the words to help others in need so they can help others and so forth.  regardless, i just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone in this forum for being here under the worse circumstance any human owned by a wonderful fur-baby as we have been can ever experience.  it has been a really rough few days for me and i'm puzzled actually why since i had felt so much peace in my heart Saturday after hearing roxie's answers to my questions and her messages to me alone.  it has been little things that have set me off in meltdowns of huge tsunami waves and i'm not sure if this too is part of the progressive journey that grief takes us through but i feel almost the same way i did the first days after my sweet girl's passing.  seeing other pawprints in the fresh snow that aren't roxie's; neighbors asking where's your doggie; and just having my car battery die on me and feeling stuck to finding a dirty pawprint roxie left that last night on my back seat...each of these things plus other small things have brought me back to a wide open wound that apparently is still very very raw.

anyway, before i start crying uncontrollably again i just want to make sure to tell everyone here that without any of you i'd not be feeling even a little bit better as i am.  your kindness and care when each of you are going through the same feelings is what makes this forum the loving and supportive place it is.  thank you ginny for having the foresight to know the need for a forum as such and thank you to fifi to whom this site is dedicated.  many many hugs to each of you from a real lonely nonna.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
Chibi
JerseyNonna, I totally understand what you are saying and feeling all at once.  The mixed, wild emotions of love, loss, joy and grief are hard to take when they collide together, and then the tsunami you speak of, happens.  The support and encouragement we find on this forum and other areas of RB are priceless; I'm glad I found it as well even though I'd heard about Rainbow Bridge in the past, I didn't know how wonderful it was.

I ran into a neighbor whose name I don't know -- just know him and his wife by their 2 grey Schnauzers that always barked at us on our walks.  Because of the severe winter most times folks in the neighborhood just wave a gloved hand or shout out a quick "Hi, there, cold enough for you?" greeting.  This couple had lost their dogs, one several years back and the other just last fall and so it was with some measured dread/relief that I was able to answer his question, "Where's your dogs today?"  I cried, he patted my arm and she gave me a warm hug.  

I went home with a wet face and the heavy sadness, but you know what?  I was so appreciative that this couple DID stop me and ask and listen to my heartache of a story. They understood and validated my feelings because they'd been-there, done-that, twice. Like me!  And this forum is a virtual neighborhood where I can hang with caring virtual neighbors like YOU, JerseyNonna.  

May you find peace in your heart! 
Jeri
Quote 0 0
LUCYLULU
I agree JerseyNonna & Jeri:  we are all so lucky that we found this site. Maybe our beloved dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, birds-- all pets guided us to this forum. It helps to read & to respond-- because we are all grieving together in a place where everyone understands-- though it's sad to say. Being here has helped me. For example:  reading/knowing that it's OK to have really crappy days after a period of feeling 'ok'...not good but not crying every hour on the hour. Day to day has started to replace the hour to hour or moment to moment. Thank you to everyone who is here--- sharing their own pain & writing words of comfort. Hugs,KC
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I am also in agreement with regards to this wonderful forum. While family, friends and work colleagues mean well, I used to feel that after a few minutes of listening intently to my sadness, they would start to look uncomfortable with me and try to change the subject. Yet complete strangers from many thousands of miles away ( I live in Liverpool, UK),  knew instinctively what I was going through,  as all on this site are `all in the same boat`, genuine animal lovers all. 
   Jerseynonna, so sorry you seem to be having a couple of bad days, its strange as up until last Saturday I had also started to think I was dealing with losing our Jim, almost 6 weeks in and thought I had accepted it, then last Sunday I woke up feeling like I was right back on that awful day when we lost him. As you say, maybe its all part of the process we`re all coping with at the moment - just another reminder of just how much loved our pets. Like Chibi says, it really is like a neighbourhood, so a huge thanks to everyone for sharing and helping. Hugs, Jackie. xx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
I too, posted a 'Thank You" to everyone a few days ago because without all of you understanding what it is like, I am not sure how I would/will make it.  About the time I think maybe I am getting a handle on this, it hits again with no respect of time or place.

Just knowing I am not alone is a comfort of sorts and I am always amazed that this site truly is world wide.  I tend to think it is only here in the US and then someone posts where they are from and I am amazed all over again.  If nothing else, GRIEF unites us all.
janice
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Janice, sadly what you say is too true - grief truly reunites us, especially when it involves a much loved pet. I don`t think a lot of people understand just what it means to lose a furry family member, and can`t understand just why we are grieving so much. One of my closest friends more or less said to me, `Well, at least you can go on holidays now`,  as if Jim had done us a favour by no longer being here....
    We do have pet loss sites here in the UK, but there is just something so special about this forum, its much more personal, and to me a lot more sympathetic.  Hugs, Jackie. xx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
camunki
thank you Jersey for the wonderful post, it is so true, that us people here, we don't not personally know eachother, but are bonded in a way, bonded for our love of animals, and boned cuz we are all feeling very similiar pain, sometimes pain that "other" people in our real world cannot understand. Its good to come here and post whatever i may feel, and know i will not be judged or told "get over it". I have heard that so much and it upsets me that people can be so mean! And thank you for all the wonderful insight you have given back to me on my many posts! This site and people are all truly a blessing!!

Cam

Quote 0 0