rromero
I feel so guilty. It's been a month since our Gilly girl died. I cry every day. There is such a deep hole in my heart. I can't forgive myself for what happened. Gilly would still be here if I had closed the door all the way. She never would have run out into the street had I not been so careless. I also can't help but think that the vet we rushed her to was a mistake. I believe there may have been a chance to save her, but they were so insensitive about it. Everything felt so rushed. Like we needed to euthanize her right then and there. I hate that we were so quick to do it. But I just wanted to end her pain. I can't believe we chose to do that. Even though she was severely injured, I feel as if I am the one that killed her. I killed her in having left the door open and having given up on her so quickly. How am I supposed to move on from this?
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am sorry that your are still in so much pain over Gilly's tragic accident. I know it can be hard to forgive yourself. And you are probably reliving that day in your mind over and over again thinking about how things could have been different. But I am sure that Gilly is not angry with you because she loves you unconditionally.

It takes time to recover from trauma and I hope that slowly, but steadily, happy memories of Gilly replace the memories of that tragic day.

Jan
Quote 0 0