winstonsmom12
Anyone else still questioning themselves? I am so mixed up.  I feel I did the right thing by Winston, but I'm still asking myself a lot of questions. Animals do seem to hide their pain very well.  Why didn't I see? I thought Winston was just tired a lot from old age. I did not want to believe he had anything serious. I thought his constant cough would go away, or he was choughing  because the small bits of dog food were caught in his throat.  I switched to larger chunks of food, and he seemed ok for about 4 days then couching would begin again. I kept telling the vet about the cough, but he never coughed when in the vets office.  I re-enacted the sound myself but vet said he would have to hear it!!!!  Why didn't I pursue this? Why didn't I have the money for all the testing? Why was I so blind to his other symptons? I hate myself a lot of the time, especially about the money part.  He was trying to tell me something but I was in total Denial. In the end Winston, I believe Mommy made the right decision.  Sometiomes I feel you are asking me......"What took you so long, couldn't you see?" I see NOW Baby and I'm so so sorry if I made you suffer. Long May You Run.  I love you Baby Boy, forgive me.  Mommy XOXOXO
Susan
Quote 0 0
PeteysMomma
Hi Winstonsmom,

I think we all have these thoughts.  I know when I am feeling emotional I wonder if there were things I should have done differently and I torture myself wishing I could have made different choices so things turned out differently.  But then when I am not feeling so emotional, I tell myself that I did everything I could and I always made the decisions that I thought were the right thing for my baby.

You loved Winston and I'm sure he knew that and that all you ever did was the best you could for him.  I hope soon we can all find peace and stop asking ourselves these questions when deep down we know we did the best we could for our babies.
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
I knew better than to let my babies out in the yard without leashes on, but they did so good for over a year. All it took was that one time 3 weeks ago that changed my life forever. Trust me, I feel you pain and guilt. If I would have taken them out on a leash that night everything would be fine. I will live with this guilt for the rest of my life.
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
Kayallen46
Winston mummy I have been doing the same thing when I took my rosie to the vet on Tuesday I had no intention of putting her to sleep I thought they would give her more medicine but she was showing more pain there than she did with me I questions myself every night as I feel that I let her down you did do the right thing you loved him very much a
Quote 0 0
camunki
I think we all question ourselved, put the could haves, would haves and should have's into place and looking back, sometimes I think **at that time* i did everything that i possibly could for my baby. And you too, I am sure did everything you could for Winston at the time. Please know you are not alone.

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
Evie123
Winstonsmom and to all the other lovely mums and dads on here, if only we had X ray vision, could mind read and had a crystal ball! We are merely humans who try the best we can for our loved ones and should praise ourselves for all the things we did RIGHT! The unconditional love we gave, security, nourishment, devotion, fun, stimulation, a comfortable home, medication when needed and above all our heart. So many poor babies never to get to experience such a life and that breaks my heart. For anyone to have cared enough to come on here and share their sadness and thoughts, you have been the best parent and fur baby could wish for and it is only a good parent who would question themself. I will try to think like this myself as I am the first to doubt and regret my actions. Please be kind to yourselves, you deserve it. Xxxxxxxx
Quote 0 0