catiebee Show full post »
ForMitookie_03
Dearest Catie,

I also wanted to chime in and wish your sweet Marissa a Happy Birthday!!  Thinking about you my friend and hoping you have been doing well.  There is definitely a party going on at the Rainbow Bridge!  May you find comfort in the thought that Marissa is happy, healthy, and having a grand time with her new friends!  Take care Catie and sleep well tonight knowing your sweet girl had a grand day today!!

Your friend,

Marina
Mitookie's Mom
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 1 0
catiebee
Awwww! Just look at all of you! Don, Silvia, Charlie and Deborah, Marina! What a bundle of precious, precious friends! It is totally lovely of each of you to visit Marissa's and my thread and to leave such warm, encouraging greetings. Thank you each and all soooooo much! You've shared so much kindness with me in the past and yet again you reach out to me on this milestone. I send you my most heartfelt thanks and hugs and smiles, along with best wishes and hopes for you and in each of your journeys!

I just tried to post a different pic of beloved Marissa, but I need to figure out how to reduce size and I'm too fried at this moment. 

Don, Marissa was very mischievous. I could leave nothing loose at her level or in reach because she could chomp it or otherwise wreak destruction upon it. True to her breed, she also loved to climb and I had to keep each chair securely pushed in, or I'd invariably find her on top of my tables.  Hopefully she and all her friends did some happy climbing and exploring today!  

And I do imagine everyone had a feasting. There had to be popcorn, with Marissa involved. I'd fling it and she'd chase each puff and gobble it--I'm imagining billowing piles of it and much snarfing!

It's also not hard for me to imagine Silvia's Onliest finding some puddles to romp in and sausage to savor, as well as Bella and Nicky and China lapping up ice cream. I only remember Marissa having ice cream once or twice on earth, but I think she would've done flips to get it and now it's plentiful. Maybe there's even tuna-flavored ice cream for Mitookie!  As an old song goes, the half has never yet been told. 

You all truly are the best. The very best! I thank you so dearly for meeting with me here and for helping me feel cared about on this day. Sending bundles of hugs and much love to you all!

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 1 0
AZTiger98
Happy birthday, Marissa!  I know your mommy still misses you terribly.  But I do hope that you are having a wonderful birthday at the bridge with your new friends.  Enjoy the treats, and do let your mom know you’re doing ok.

David

Daddy to beloved fur baby Stormy
08/2003 - 05/19/18
Stormy’s Residency https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/STORM059/Resident.htm
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Happy 13th Birthday sweet Marissa!!!
I hope you are enjoying your special day with all of your new friends! 🍿🎉🎂

Hi Catie!
Thinking of you and your precious Marissa. I love the pictures that Don and Silvia posted! Such a beautiful little girl!!! ❤️
Hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Oh Catie...I am sorry I missed Marissa's birthday by a few days. So glad I checked in to see how many remembered. She's such a sweetie and I am sure, enjoying Scooter's company and Someone else too that loves and loves and loves her...and created her as you know. Wow, imagine what birthdays are like there.
Much love and hugs,
Melissa
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
catiebee
David and MJ, I wrote thank-you posts on your threads--and how very much I appreciate your sweet messages!

Melissa-friend, thank you ever so much for coming and leaving such kind thoughts. I hope you are doing well and getting through the hard spaces and that Philbert is a joy. It's a lovely thought, picturing Marissa and Scooter hanging out--it will be fun to find out one day!
Thank you truly for reminding me about heaven and that He loves her too. She and eternity have seemed very far away for a long time.
Bit of craziness here currently. Doctor decided my dad needs supplemental O2 and he's most unhappy about things. 
Thanks a bunch again and hope to catch up soon.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Hi Catie!  I hope you are doing well and your Dad is doing better with his necessary health adjustments (supplemental O2).  I know life gets crazy and busy and just flies by.  Nevertheless, I think about you and the gang often and wonder how everyone is doing.  I haven't had a chance to add anything to my post in quite some time.  We are now coming up on two year anniversaries and that is tough.  Well, I hope to hear from you soon.  You and Marissa are missed!  Sending you many hugs in this new year. 

Kindest regards,

Marina

Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0
catiebee
marissa in barrel - Copy.jpg 

Dear Marissa,

Gosh, Honey, I’ve missed you. We’re coming up on two years to the day since I lost you, little Love Bucket! It’s hard to fathom.

I fell and hurt my ankle a few days ago. Feb 3. Just like a few days before you went to heaven I fell and broke my collarbone. At least I didn’t break something this week. But the physical pain I'm in reminds me of how awful that whole time was while you were getting worse and I could barely move to help and take care of you. And you were with me outside when I fell on 1/29/18.

As awful as it is, my main way of avoiding some pain is to not think of you. I try not to, because when I do, I launch into such sadness immediately. And I know I need to not plunge into that deep lake of sadness, and stay there, if I can avoid it. I need to not drown in it.

I want to remind you that you’re the most beautiful little girl dog anyone could ever want and the very most loving. I could never have asked for a better companion or a more precious pet than you. You had my heart in yours. Marissa, I love you so, so, so, so much.  I miss having all of the love wrapped in a sweet package of you, right in my home. You were my very own. And I miss you like nothing else I could describe.

I wish I could come up and walk the hills and valleys of heaven with you, Bearish. I wish we could walk and walk and that I could sit down and stroke and stroke your soft, smooth fur. I want to look into your eyes and see that love again. How I long to do that. I want to rub your ears and touch your toes and watch your flounce your floofy tail.  I miss you!!!

Life does go on, but it’s not the same. Not anywhere close to the same.

I thank God that He let you still be here when I had heart surgery and you were the only one with me while I recovered. I’m so grateful. There are so many hardships in life and I miss all the softness of you. Your sweet disposition, your warm affection, your joy.

I hold so tight to the hope of our reunion when my time comes to leave the earth. I imagine in my heart how it might be to come to the gate and for you to be waiting there for me.  Or for me to arrive and for you to come bounding over a hill to me. The joy that would fill my heart to see you again would be overwhelming. I miss you terribly, my little love, and I long for the day!

Your Mom Catie

Tomorrow is the two-year anniversary. I've still wanted to share a couple stories here but I still get wrecked writing on our thread at all. Hopefully, some day.  I need to make the rounds and touch base with several Rainbow Bridge friends who are on their own journeys. I left a few messages a week or two ago, but I didn't make it to everybody. 

I hope everyone is healing and is keeping on as best as possible. It's been a very hard last few months on my end. Feel like life has kicked my butt. Hoping though that things may turn a corner soon. The new year is still young.

Warmest thoughts and hugs to all!

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll

Dear Catie, what a beautiful post to your little Marrisa. The love flows deeply as does the pain of missing her, the two emotions are forever entwined until we are with them again. I love how Marissa was there for you through the tough times, they are so dependable, unshakeable in their love for us. I completely understand trying to avoid that 'deep lake of sadness', I do the same. It is just too difficult to live in that state of sadness, I know they want us to move on, not to dwell in that lake. It's hard to do, but I try to always think of the happy times, the gift of love they brought to us, the joy, the knowledge of knowing they are in heaven, and we will be together again, it's the only way to get through the days. But try as we may, there are times when the sadness will rise up and we feel those awful pains and loneliness without them. But it passes, and we pick up and try again to move on, holding them in our hearts every moment. I so miss looking into their eyes, just like you, and see all that love pouring out, I really miss that the most. It gave me so much comfort, and peace, to gaze into those loving eyes. You paint a wonderful picture in my mind as you describe the day we are with them again, I can't even imagine what that will be like, to hold them again, feel that warmth and love, that's a beautiful picture for all of us. I pray your day is peaceful with lots of wonderful memories of the good times and I know Marissa will be ever so close to her Mom, as she is always there beside you and in your heart. Blessings to you and Marissa, you are blessed to have had her and you are still blessed to know you will hold her again.

Your friends, Charlie and Deborah

ps. LOVE THE PICTURE!!! So beautiful!!!

Charlie
Quote 0 0
Purzel

Dear Catie,

Today is the two year angelversary of your sweet Marissa and I imagine how difficult this day is for you - still I hope that you will wear a smile on your face because of the many lovely memories and the many years you two could be together.

I love the picture you posted in your loving letter to Marissa. What a sweatheart, what a lovely little dog. I am so sorry you hurt your ankle and hope you feel much better by now. I imagine how this brought back the memories when you broke your collarbone and how difficult this time must have been for you. My heart goes out to you, dear friend.

You wrote: "Life does go on, but it's not the same. Not anywhere close to the same" and I understand how this feels as nothing can compare to those lovely and joyfull days. The only solace is that we were so blessed to have lived close to paradise with our beloved ones.

In honor of sweet Marissa I send a pic of my new born crocus
2yearMarissa.jpg 
Your friend Silvia

PS
Thank you for your visit on Max's thread 

Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Dearest Catie,

I wanted to stop in and say hi because I know this is a difficult day for you.  Two years.  Where has the time gone?  I love the picture of Marissa standing in the planter.  Indeed she does blend in with the beautiful fall colors.  What a beautiful puppy.  Like the others who have visited you here, I am sorry that you have fallen and hurt yourself and I will be praying for a quick recovery.  I'm sure when you broke your collar bone and were going through Marissa's decline, it had to be one of the most difficult times ever.  When we aren't physically well, it is extremely difficult to maintain mental wellness.  Add to that the grief of losing a beloved pet and oh my, what a recipe for the depths of despair. I am grateful you never have to go there again and hopefully your beautiful memories of Marissa will help to heal whatever ails you.  I am so glad to have gotten to know you on the forum.  I really do feel a bond to you and to Silvia, Kyle and many others who started down this road all during the same time period.  I remember not even being able to see through my tears to type.  My heart still aches, as I'm sure yours does too, but our babies would want us to smile and be strong.  As we have all been forced to do.  At least now we have the gift of time on our side. There is some distance between now and that awful day we had to say goodbye.  And in that distance, there is healing.  

I send you many hugs and as I said, many prayers for recovery and continued healing.  Take care of yourself dear Catie.

Love and hugs from somewhere else in Texas!

Marina 
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Catie,
Thinking of you as Marissa’s two year Angelversary arrives. 🌹🌹

Such a beautiful letter to your precious girl!! I agree with you (and Charlie) that remembering can be so painful and it’s easier to forget for a while so we don’t allow ourselves to drown in “a lake of sadness.” I think we have to grieve in our own time and allow the memories to come back as we feel we are ready.

Marissa is such a beautiful little girl with such a kind and gentle look about her! She knew so much love with you Catie and I hope that thought can bring you comfort. I find it helpful to think of our amazing friends all together; happy and young and healthy again. I’m quite certain we will see them again and that one day you will see Marissa bounding over a hill toward you as you arrive at that gate.

I’m so sorry I missed your post on Bailey’s thread a while back. I saw it tonight and it made me smile to read that Marissa’s favourite toy was a “blue kiwi bird with curly hair!” I love that she also slept with her head on her toy! You asked if Bailey had a favourite one and he did seem to favour a plush snake (Snakey) that he loved to fling around. They were always so much fun to watch; weren’t they?!!

I hope your ankle heals soon! It seems Marissa may be looking out after her beloved mom and perhaps making sure that you didn’t break anything when you fell. I sometimes feel that they are much closer than we think. 🌟

Take Care Catie and I hope it helps to know that you and your beautiful Widget Bear are being warmly remembered ~ especially on this day!

Sending hugs!
MJ
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hi Charlie and Deborah, Silvia, Marina and MJ!

Thank you for each and every one of your kind words and for coming here to visit and encourage me and to remember Marissa with me. Such a sweet gift each of you are, what lovely people and friends on this journey!

Charlie, it's so true. Those loving gazes we shared with our furry babies was an incredible treasure. And without a doubt, we were so very very blessed to have them, to enjoy their love and presence and to share their dear lives for the time we had them. Nothing can ever replace them and those awesome gifts! 

Silvia, I love the crocuses. New life pushing up, appearing and brightening the day. Thank you for your caring and for understanding, as I know you do, all too well.  Though quite different in their looks and size, I believe Max and Marissa both have this attribute: they are real characters, quite the personalities.  We both dearly treasure this about them and also miss the fun and unexpected things they'd do. How they lifted our spirits with their presence!

Marina, thank you, so good to hear from you. You're so right that time and some distance have made it easier to cope. I'm thankful things don't remain as raw and jagged as they start out. I'm so glad we could connect, along with our other friends here, when the loss seemed unsustainable, and know for sure we were heard, understood and cared about. You made a difference in my life and you still do. I think of you and Mitookie with real fondness. I so hope that your health is improving. Thanks for your prayers also, a precious gift. 

MJ, your post is very sweet. Thanks for saying Marissa is beautiful. I always thought so. I smile to imagine Bailey chasing and tossing Snakey about and giving that mission his full attention. Their pleasure lit up our hearts! I so appreciate your supportive post and you remembering my little Widget with me. 

Marissa had a little horse she adored, too. I'd give it a squeeze and when it neighed, she would leap up and race part way down the hall, looking back at me, awaiting the throw. No other sound made her any more alert and eagerly anticipating, than that neighing noise. Her feet would sound like a little stampede, then she couldn't wait for it to sail through the air. 

I had my podiatrist look at the ankle yesterday and I'll be firmly strapped into a brace for a couple weeks. Hopefully, I'm on the road to healing. 

You are all precious to me and you've warmed my heart with your gentle posts. Thank you so, so much again for all your words, well wishes, and understanding. Loads of hugs and appreciation to each of you!

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Catie - I quickly read your post but could not respond as I was at work Shhh! don't tell anyone lol. Sorry it took me another day to come back on here. But my gosh, that photo of Marissa - best ever I've seen I think. And, just because I have another dog, wow ...I still miss my little Scooter so much. I could so relate to all you wrote of course. Yes, even two years later, the sting can come back full force. I am so sorry to hear about your ankle, but glad to see a post from you as I have wondered how you have been doing.
Ahhh...I imagine meeting you in heaven one day, and we will play together with our precious one and onlies.

love and hugs
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
Lrogers424
Hi Catie,

I just read your post as I have not been on for a while.  Life has been a bit complicated as of late and I try to stay focused to get through each day.  I loved the beautiful photo of Marissa you posted but was so sorry to hear of your recent injury.  I hope you are healing quickly and will soon be back to rights.  Marissa certainly was a beauty and I can almost feel the silky texture of her hair from the photo!  It is funny how days when we struggle brings up so many memories for those we have lost.  I have been thinking about my Daisy a lot lately too.  We may need to sell our home very soon and it hurts my heart as this was Daisy's only home with us.  Although she came to us as a rescue at 2 1/2, this was her true, forever home.  Saying goodbye to those memories, along with those of my kids growing up here, has me struggling.  I am just glad I chose to have Daisy cremated and could not part with her ashes so now she can come with me where ever we end up.  It has been over 1 1/2 and I still miss her calm and self possessed nature and little quirks. I dearly love our little Luna, now fully grown at 14 lbs and full of life and energy, and she is completely woven herself into my heart and life.  I rarely go anywhere without her and cannot imagine life without her but I still miss Daisy.  I wish the two had met, though Luna would have probably driven Daisy crazy with her playful antics!  I think I will always miss her, just as you miss your Marissa.  We were blessed to have them in our lives.

Just know I think of you and wish you well.  Sending warm thought your way!

best,
Lori, Daisy's Mom and now Luna's Mom
Quote 0 0