DogNana
It’s been 7 1/2 months since I lost my boy Oscar. The pain never goes away but it changes. I feel now that the stabbing, I can’t live pain has changed to, my heart hurts and I miss you everyday pain. It’s hard to describe it. I still cry a lot. But now I can look at his pictures and videos and smile. I see in the videos him having fun and I know that he was a happy boy. That makes me happy. I look at his pictures and tear up but don’t sob like I use to.

I’m not sure what this means or if I’m explaining it well. I think about him every single day still and have put pictures of him up so I always see him. That has helped. I talk to him. I tell him I love and miss him.

What I’m trying to say, I guess, is take lots of pictures and videos of your beloved pets so you can go back and relive the happy times you shared with them.
Oscar, always Mommy’s Boy, forever in my ❤️ 
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am glad things are getting easier and that you can now remember him with a smile. He would want you to be happy and remember the good days.

Jan
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear DogNana,

This was so important to read and know. That we can work through and survive our grief. Thank for sharing your truly inspirational message. It really matters.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 1 0
Apo181dsdc
DogNana -

Thank you for writing this. I needed to read this. I am happy to hear you are finding peace.
Quote 1 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

I feel this post is one of the most important ones posted recently on this forum, as it will inform new arrivals and those who have began posting here for a few months now (like myself), that it IS POSSIBLE to get through our grief and come out the other side. Thank you again DogNana for posting your comment above.

James
Quote 1 0