Julia_Loves_McCartney
Hi everyone,

On January 11th, it will be exactly six months since I lost my tabby kitty McCartney. He was only six years old, and died very suddenly of an enlarged heart. I had no clue it would happen, and there was no way I could have known in advance that he had one. It was the absolute biggest shock of my life. Several days before, he had seemed fine. And then before I knew it, he was gone. And I didn't even have a chance to say goodbye :(

McCartney was my best friend. I am such a huge cat lover and he was like my baby. He cheered me up better than anyone else could, and loved me in return. He had the cutest face, like that of a kitten, even though he was an adult. And he was so smart and mischievous. He also always kept me company in the kitchen at night while I packed my lunch and ironed clothes for work the next morning. I think about him all the time.

I suppose I am posting this because it has been especially hard for me lately. I feel as bad as I did when it first happened. I cry sometimes in bed at night or when driving home from work. I can't get all the sad things out of my mind, like touching and seeing him when he was already gone and wrapped up in a blanket in the box he was to be buried in. That was the hardest moment of my life and these past few days that vision won't go away. I am also scared of starting to forget certain things about him and what it was like to be around him. I don't want that to happen to me, and thinking about the sad parts doesn't help it. Does anyone else feel worried about that kind of stuff? I am in desperate need of prayers. Thank you for reading.     

~I love you eternally, McCartney boy~

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
mcianchette
Julia,
LOVE your fur baby's name...classic!  These anniversaries and holidays are so hard.  They just add another brick to the load of grief that we're all carrying at the loss of our pals.  We lost our dog Winston in August after a fairly sudden auto-immune issue.  He went blind in 3 weeks, and we finally had to make the difficult decision to put him down, so the last month of his life was pretty tough for all of us.  It's so easy to get stuck in the sadness and guilt.  These small creatures consume huge portions of our hearts, homes and lives.  And suddenly they're gone and we're left to try to figure out how to move forward without them.  What's helped me is to cry when I need to - it's a great release.  But then calm down and honor Winston by focusing on all the happy times.  McCartney would want that for you, he would want you to remember how smart and mischievous he was - and how much joy that gave you.  You might forget a detail or two but you will never forget the love and companionship he gave you.  Because he's in your heart, forever.  I'm sending prayers your way, so that you will find some serenity as you move through this difficult time.  
Blessings, 
Winston's mom
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
McCartney is so gorgeous, Julia. What a special little fella he must have been, and still is. I visited your pet residency for him, and left a gift and posted a message. It will be six months on 17th January, since I said farewell to my beloved long-haired tabby, Gonzo. He was, is, and always will be, the apple of my eye. 

It is heartbreaking to go through the days and nights of torment, and anniversaries are more heartbreaking still. McCartney knows he was loved, and will remain in your heart forever.

Take care of yourself. Hugs to you, and McCartney too. Brilliant name, by the way.

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
I thank both of you so much! Your kind words are making me feel better. I am also very sorry for your losses and will pray for you both.

Wendy, thank you so much for reading about McCartney at his memorial, and for the message you left there! And the mouse toy. Such kind words, and thank you for saying he was a stunner! That's the best way I can describe him too. Also, thank you for complimenting his name :) I'm a big Beatles and Paul McCartney fan. And I thought the name sounded majestic yet cute all at the same time.

Looks like you lost your Gonzo (love the name) only six days after I lost McCartney. My prayers are with you.

~I love you eternally, McCartney boy~

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0