Darleen
To my Sambucca,   I so miss you greeting me "awoo"  when I came home from work.  I so miss you "doggie speaking" to your 2 other chihuahua brothers.  I so miss you barking at the mailman and other dogs walking past our house.  I so miss hearing you running up and down the hallway with your toys.  I so miss you giving me some gentle whines when you wanted some of my "goodies".   Silence is NOT golden ....  It is maddening.  Tomorrow is Valentine's Day my precious Sambucca.  You are in my heart forever.  I miss you so very much and know tomorrow will be a very hard day for me.   I will love you forever.
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Darleen,

You’re 100% right— silence is NOT golden. With you in heart, missing sweet doggy sounds every moment.

Hang in there and know our thoughts are with you.
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
catiebee
Darleen, I hear you. Very much. My girl was very vocal and I can't stand that I'm not hearing her anymore  I am so sorry for your loss of precious Sambucca. Thinking of you tonight....
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Avabear
Oh Darleen you have no idea how much I understand that.  I have been very fortunate that I have had a few weeks to prepare for Ava's passing,not that you can every prepare and it really doesn't make it easier but.... i have taken lots of videos, silly video's because Ava like your Sambucca is a very vocal dog, not so much barking but grumbling and huffing and as she is a very big dog (65kg) she makes lots of noise lying down, walking well pretty much everything so I have video'd as much of these moments as possible including a 6 minute video of her snoring, silly I know because it's boring as hell for anyone else to watch but sound that have become just a normal part of my day like her tapping the door to come in from the garden, I've heard it multiple times daily over the last almost 10 years and in the next few days it will stop and I will never ever hear it again, so I have recorded it sounds silly but even before she's gone I know the silence will be like a thousand knives killing me every minute of every day and I just hope that these video's will bring me some comfort in the days ahead. I didn't have video's when my last dog passed 10 years ago so I'm not sure if these will bring comfort or just be a painful reminder that she's gone, only time will tell I gues.  So I truly do feel and understand your pain.  I'm thinking of you
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
I'll add this. Even the order that I bring my groceries in has been altered. 

That's all I need to say. I think you know what I mean.

It's the micro things that sometimes sting the most.

Take care.
Quote 0 0
Mollysmomforever
So sorry for your loss, Darleen.  The silence is awful, I agree.  Molly would growl whenever she saw a dog (or horse) on TV.  Guess she wanted to make sure those guys weren't going to invade her space!  I made an egg for breakfast this morning and normally my Molly would be dancing around my feet, chuffing to be sure I didn't forget that eggs were her most favorite food in the world.  I hated not being able to give her a bit this morning.   So many everyday things bring our little loved ones to mind, including the absence of things, like their sounds.  Keeping you in my thoughts.

Molly's' Mom
Molly's Mom Forever
Jo

Quote 0 0
Jerseyb1
I know exactly what you mean.  I have changed my entire routine, and yet I still wait anxiously for his little welcome home barks.  The silence is maddening, I still catch myself listening for him running up and down the hallway at night and waiting for him to jump on the bed with me.  How I long to hear his little snuffling at night as he would move the blankets trying to get closer to me.  All this things still run through my head.  I am sorry you are having to deal with this.  It's a heartbreak some people don't understand, but everyone on here does.
Quote 0 0
Darleen
Thank you everyone who responded to my post.  The caring and support I feel from all of you makes me realize how out of something so extremely painful comes a realization of how there are so many  truly loving people in this world.  How wonderful and special everyone is to reach out and try to comfort one another during such a heartbreaking time.  I am sending hugs, love, and prayers to everyone.  God bless you all.   
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Darleen I am so sorry for your loss. The silence is so very awful, yes, it is. My dog would sometimes howl with happiness when he saw me come home, or at least let out a little cry. I took him so many places - including some client apartments or homes, where he was therapy for them. So I now even miss him whining in the car on the way to those places, and then whining happily when he realized we were driving home. Hugs to you.
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hugs to you, Darleen. I wish you didn't have to walk through such a terribly painful time. Missing our furry loved ones is excruciating and it takes so long for the hurt to ease.

You're in my thoughts and I hope today goes as well as possible for you. Wishing you comfort and peace.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
mweymark
the silence is truly deafening.  I feel your pain all to well.  I've had several people tell me to just get another dog.  Don't they know they all have their own voice and once that voice falls silent all we want is to hear it one more time.

*hugs*

Mel
Quote 0 0
catiebee
That is so very true, Mweymark.

Hoping the days are getting easier for you, Darleen.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0