tbillapando123
Hi,

My baby Watson went to the Rainbow Bridge 6 weeks today & I am totally devastated & trying to find some type of comfort that he is ok & out of pain.  I thought maybe I received a few signs from him but just not sure if I am going crazy with grief.  Has anyone else received signs from their pets & if so what were they?

Tracie (Watson's Mommy) 
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
It’s normal to want to get signs of reassurance that they are ok after they die. I’m not one that readily believes everything is a sign from them so I am a bit skeptical. With that being said, many believe that red cardinals are spiritual messengers. One day on my way home from work I was at one of my lowest points and crying uncontrollably. I asked my baby Max to please send me a sign that both he and his brother were ok. Do you know that a red cardinal landed in the street to the left of my car on one of my final turns going home? Was it a sign? I like to think so.
Quote 1 0
Wileykitten
Dreams... Ask for visits in dreams. I also see them work through the babies that are still with me. Clouds often take shape when you least expect it. Also, look carefully at pictures and videos taken in your home since your baby has passed on.. Look for orbs, streaks of light, shadows.
These are all things I have seen and it brings comfort because I know they come to check on me and their brothers and sisters...
Doesn't take away the pain but helps ease it in the moment you see them...
I'm so sorry you are hurting. I (we) know all too well this long painful journey.

God bless your soul
-Stacie
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Tracie,
It was about 3-4 weeks after my Rookie passed, when I was sitting in the backyard in one of his favorite spots, feeling sad for myself. A white butterfly came from nowhere and flew around me. I felt so peaceful that day. ❤❤
Quote 0 0
tbillapando123
Thanks everyone for your great ideas & things to look for.  It is when you loose someone so important to you that you just have to wonder what happens to them.  I so want to believe there is a Rainbow Bridge & all our animals are there waiting for us to meet up with them someday but I always wonder & question.  I guess some type of real sign would give me some of peace that Watson is ok & forgives me for some of the things I feel now I could have done better.  I know at the time I made the best decisions I could but now looking back at it all I begin to doubt things.  I think all of us that love our pets so deeply deserve some type of sign from our babies so we know they are ok & can have some type of closure so somehow we can try to move on.

Tracie (Watson's Mommy)

Quote 0 0
ksfrick
A friend told me right after my Bubba passed to look for signs, that he would be giving me comfort and I just needed to look for it.

Bubba's favorite spot in the world was our cabin.  In his younger days, he would race around the cabin 3 times in happiness when we got there and throughout our stay.  He roamed the woods and became a calm and confident dog (everywhere else he was an anxious rescue).  

It's funny Rookie's Mama mentioned a white butterfly.   One other time years ago at the cabin on the banks of our creek, I was begging God for a sign. He sent the answer in the form of 3 butterflies - two yellow and one black.  It gave me the answer I was looking for.

So the last time we were at the cabin, I again begged for a sign.  A black and blue butterfly fluttered around me.  I wondered if a black butterfly would signify Bubba?  It happened more than once a black and blue butterfly would be with me, flying around, back and forth, lighting nearby.  I am sure that was Bubba telling me he was with me and always would be.

8 weeks later this is still incredibly hard.

To Watson's Mommy - I heard yesterday on a podcast (totally unrelated to pets or even death) that remorse is a natural feeling in the process of grieving.  We all could think of things we could/should have done.  That's life, right?  I could think of situations in every important relationship I have where I wasn't giving 100% or at my best.  I don't have this feeling of guilt simply because they are here.  Bubba knew I loved him with all my heart, through my imperfections and all.  Pets know this better than people because they love so unconditionally.
Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0
ksfrick
I just looked up the meaning of butterflies:

Butterflies are also popularly thought to symbolize a person's essence, or soul, either past, present or future. 

More on sightings of butterflies and cardinals:

Visits from the Other Side

When deceased loved ones want you to know that they’re around, they might send messengers from the animal kingdom: small, brightly-colored bugs, birds, and butterflies are not an uncommon choice. Things with wings tend to get our attention, and if you allow yourself to tune in, you might even know who has sent them. Their message could be a simple acknowledgment that your loved ones are always around. And if you’re asking the Universe for guidance, seeing a cardinal tells you that Spirit is hearing you and guiding you too.

Bubba's Mom
Quote 0 0
Mo
I lost my Gracie in June.....but I know that she has sent me signs. Sitting on my patio I saw a red bird (not a cardinal ,but a red headed bird)that I've never seen before... after all I'm in the CA desert.(no cardinals here 😉  The bird just sat there and stared at me, for had to be several minutes. Then days later I was in my garden, and a large butterfly came flying right at me. In fact several times, I laughed because it was really trying to get my attention, almost like it was dive bombing me .I believe that was another sign ! I  miss Gracie more and more each day....I hope she sends me more signs.
Quote 0 0