catman13
I had to put my boy Darth Vader to sleep on 8/10/2017 after 14 years of life together. He did not want to go and I did not want him to leave. Four days later and I am really feeling the loss. At first, it felt like Darth was away at the vet's office, or somewhere hiding in the house and would return home or appear out of nowhere. I could not let him go and now I realize that he is gone.
Yesterday, my wife and were sitting outside and talking when a beautiful black butterfly circled above us before flying off. We both commented on how we have not seen many butterflies lately and my wife said she had never seen a black butterfly before.  We both believe that the butterfly was Darth, in a new form, checking on us and letting us know that he lives and  is fine. I read up on what butterflies symbolize.  I was delighted to learn that they are associated with life and rebirth!
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0
MyBella
Hi Rodney,

Sounds like your boy is letting you know he is close by, checking in on his wonderful Mom and Dad, how wonderful and beautiful is that.

So sorry for the loss of your Darth, he is a gorgeous boy in the photo, I love black cats, they are so majestic looking as well as extremely beautiful and your Darth is absolutely handsome, beautiful and majestic all at once.

So happy for you and you wife to get such a wonderful message from your precious Darth, I hope this brought such peace to both of your hearts.

Wishing you more signs from your Darth and all of your babies, may each sign bring the continued peace and healing you and you wife so deserve.

Sincerely, Don and Vera
Quote 0 0
catman13
Thank you for those words and yes, I will be looking for other signs.
Rodney Lee
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
How beautiful, catman13. That is really a lovely thing to happen. I have never seen a black butterfly either. I honestly think our dear ones try their very best to find a way to let us know; not just that they are okay but of the great wonder of Spirit and the Love.
Blessings to Darth.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Baileys_mom
So sorry for the loss of your beloved Darth. I too just recently lost my furbaby suddenly and within a week a stray showed up at out house and wouldn't let me out of his sight. I truly believe that my Baily somehow told this stray to come to me and I would take care of him and of course I am. I know that Darth wants you to know he is OK and came back to tell you. Such a beautiful thing. He will send you more signs too when you least expect them.

Quote 0 0
Eileennellie
I firmly believe that our pets send us signs. I have seen many since losing Dobie, usually when I need them the most. I had a dream a week after he passed, I know it was him telling me that he was free and at peace, that he was sad he had to leave me, but that I needed to be ok with it. I try to be as strong about this as he was about everything I life. He hated to see me upset, and I think that's why the signs (many tiny bird feathers in specific places, mostly) happen when they do. It makes me smile a little every time I find one. We had seen no hummingbirds this year, but one showed up the day after he passed, and I have seen it a lot since then. A stray cat showed up here about a week before Dobie passed, we rarely see any cats around here except for a few barn cats I can recognize. This cat is fancy, part Siamese and part calico, literally. He has black and orange calico ears, tail and right legs, the rest is standard Siamese, with blue eyes, the left one crossed a bit. And he is sort of bow legged in front, like a big dog. But every time I see him, it makes me happy. We kept him, my husband said he must be here to help me get through this, and I believe he is. He follows me around like a dog, comes when called, is just a really great cat. The butterfly is a wonderful sign from Darth, I think they send signs that they know we will receive. I only got one from my cat, Puffy, but it was a big one, and I have felt better since it happened. It's different for everyone, for every pet, also. i know that they are always with us, whether the signs are there or not.
Quote 0 0