Erin
Janine, mommy of Katie Kitty, told me about this site so I thought I would check it out and I think it will really help, hopefully.

My kitty Sigmar passed away almost two months ago - I can't believe it's been so long since I was last able to hold him - and I've been having the hardest time getting back into the swing of things, I cry every day, I miss him so much.

My sweetie Sig came into the lives of my husband and I on September 3, 2008.  He had been abandoned outside our apartment when he was only 2 weeks old so we had to bottle feed him and help him pee and poop.  He was a sicky baby too, we had to take him to the emergency clinic when we saw blood in his stool, he had colitis, poor sweetie.  He got all better, though, and when he was 6-7 weeks old we got him weaned onto hard food.  Over the next year he grew into a beautiful choc point siamese mix, and the sweetest kitty I've ever met.  He loved to be held close and carried around the apartment, he'd wake my husband and I up every morning kitty love headbutts and purrs and snuggle under the blankets with us.  He made us so happy, I can't believe he died so young, we thought we were going to have so many happy years with him.

He died September 2 of this year.. the day before the one year anniversary of him coming into our lives.  He just over a year old.  He got sick with hemobartonella (which triggered immune mediated hemolytic anemia) around mid August and a couple weeks later.. he was gone.  Since he never had fleas except when we first found him the vets figured he got the disease from his mommy or from the fleas he had all over him when he was a baby and it had been laying dormant in his body over the past year.  Nothing worked.. the pills, the shots.. I came home to feed him on a break and check on him and he just suddenly went downhill.  Within an hour of me coming home, snuggling him, feeding him, seeing him throw up and then lose control of his bowels and then collapse on the floor, he died at the vet as they were prepping him for a blood transfusion.. which they later found out they didn't have any blood anyway...  That was the absolute worst day of my life, I had to watch helpless as my baby died after trying so hard to help him.  I wanted to help him so bad, I feel like I let him down.  I have so much more love for him, so many more kisses and hugs for him that I wanted to give him.  I really thought he'd be around longer than a year.. I'm happy for the time I had with him, though, he made me so happy, I hope I made him as happy as he made me.  I miss him so much.  I love you Sigmar.
My Sigmar's Rainbow residency: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/SIGMA001/Resident.htm

Sigmar, my baby ~ Forever in my Heart
Quote 0 0
Janine
((((( hugs ))) to you Erin. You took such wonderful care of Sigmar in his too-short time here on earth. I'm so sorry that your terrible loss has brought you here...yet I'm glad you're here posting. The people here are wonderful and having this support helped me so much.  I pray it will bring you peace too. I understand what you're going through.

Janine

I love you forever Katie Kitty.
I can't wait to hugga-bug again with you one day.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Erin,

First, I welcome you to this healing place where I know you will find the understanding and comfort you need.

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your loss, and how traumatic it was for you to witness sweet little Sigmar's rapid decline.  It is absolutely normal for the feelings of loneliness and sorrow to continue for a while.  All of us here will do all we can to help you find the smiles again.

In the mean time, allow yourself to grieve.  Let the tears flow.  All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away the sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts.  I promise you ~ in time, the happy memories will come to you before the ones of the end of Sigmar's time with you, and in time those happy memories will crowd out the sad ones all together.

Bless you and your husband for opening your hearts and your home to Sigmar when he needed to find love.  Although his time here was so short, he knew a lifetime of love while he was with you.  He received such excellent care, and he knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he was your kitty and not just a throw-away stray who had to fight for every bite of food and every warm minute's sleep.  What a blessing!

Please come back and tell us more about life with Sigmar and the huge paw prints he left in your hearts.  He is your special angel, and he lives forever in spirit and in your hearts.  I promise.  I know that my Bridge Kitties have welcomed him with open wings, and they will help him learn how to send you signs and visit you in your dreams, so you can see him all grown up and healthy for eternity.

You, your husband, and your sweet Angel Sigmar are all in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
Erin

Thank you so much for your kind words.  It really does help to imagine him all happy and healthy again, playing with others at the Bridge.  I can just imagine your Katie, Janine, and your Bridge kitties, Susie, welcoming him and showing him around, I know he will be taken care of and loved very much in the meantime until my time comes to meet.  I can't wait until that day, when I get to see him and hold him and shower him with kisses again, I cry just thinking about it.  I am so sorry for your losses as well, the hurt lessens with time but we never forget them, always waiting for that day when we can be reunited with them.

My Sigmar's Rainbow residency: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/SIGMA001/Resident.htm

Sigmar, my baby ~ Forever in my Heart
Quote 0 0
Tricia
Dear Erin,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Sigmar. Even though the time with Sigmar was much too short, you gave this precious baby a forever loving home and did all you could for him and he knows that. The loving memories you have will forever live in your heart. Sigmar's precious little spirit will always be with you, you will always feel his love around you. Sigmar is now at the Bridge, healthy and running freely again and I know that my orange boy Burton will also be there to watch over Sigmar. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. We are all here for you Erin.

Hugs,

Tricia

Tricia, Burton&Ozzie's Mom

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet
Quote 0 0