spiritdog
The name says it all. 2 years ago today he passed. For all of you whose grief is new, this may sound "old" but it isn't I assure you.

I spent yesterday thinking "this was the last day he was alive", so much so that when I took the "new" dog to the vet, that when I was asked by the front desk who they were seeing that day I said "Sidekick"...took me a moment to realize I had said the wrong name, Side is so ingrained into my heart, that he was real at that very moment. Freudian slip I guess.

Side, you were my "happy". I haven't found that ever again. The new dog is ok at best, not his fault. But you were so perfect to me that others just disappoint.

I still, ever so much miss my "happy" which was you. You woke up happy, you did everything happy, you were the perfect happy. I could always count on you for my happy. I relied on you for my happy, and you never disappointed, ever.

My word, you were happy when you had 9 illnesses, who the heck does that? You did, you did it a minute before you died, trucking down the ER hallway only to die in my arms on your own (not by your choice, I know) just moments later. When the vet told me your heart was slowing down, all I could do was whisper in your ear, over and over I LOVE YOU, I hope you heard me.

Tears now, as the Friday of Memorial Weekend is yours. While the date may move, this day is forever ours. I miss you pumpkin ever so much. All my love, me.
And again I will post the video I made for you, of you back then. Your happy needs to be seen by others.
"People disappoint, dogs never do" - spiritdog

"You MUST be your pets ADVOCATE, if it doesn't feel right walk away." - spiritdog
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
Hi Spiritdog, I watched the video of your sweet Sidekick, and let me tell you, his sparkling personality and his happy shone right through. I know it has been two years since your sweet little one left this world, and your words really spoke to me, "2 years ago today he passed. For all of you whose grief is new, this may sound "old" but it isn't I assure you" ... I must say that truer words were never spoken.

I lost my beloved cat Jasper fifteen months ago, and the hurt is still there, the tears still fall, and that empty place in my world and heart can never be filled again, nor would I want it to be. When I am asked how many kitties I have, I often still say two, and their names are Jingles and Jasper, and then I remember, and that cold, hard reality sets in and breaks my heart all over again, and I miss my sweet boy more than words could ever say.

Thank you Spiritdog for sharing your beautiful doggie with us, he is so very sweet and I know how much you miss him, and the light he brought into your world. Every single day without our precious little ones is so very hard, but the days that mark their passing are especially sad, and seem to bring back so many memories of our last moments with them, when we had to say such a sad goodbye, that pain never goes away, no matter how much time goes by.

Your love and devotion to your Sidekick is so evident in your words and the amazing movie you made, and is such a beautiful tribute to him and the love and the special connection you both shared, which can never be broken. There is always that very special one who touches our heart and our lives in such a profound way that no one else could ever even come close ... Sidekick is yours and always will be.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
spiritdog
Thank you ever so much Jaspersmom for taking the time to write me, and taking the time to watch his video too. I hope you heard the music as well?

You are correct that the special memorial days are truly the toughest. It starts out as "a week", a month, then each month, then the year, and then it starts all over again.

Jasper sounds like the true paw print on your heart as well. It is deeper than any tattoo, they truly are the profound ones.

Thank you!

"You MUST be your pets ADVOCATE, if it doesn't feel right walk away." - spiritdog
Quote 0 0
JaspersMom
The music you chose for your video was absolutely perfect spiritdog, you could not have picked a better or more fitting song for your little wonder dog. All you need is love was just so right for your touching tribute, which so brought tears to my eyes. That is so nice that one of Sidekick's best friends was a kitty, how sweet, and I loved the frame when they are both looking up at the camera.

Your boy sure did love the water, just as my Jasper did, he was a kitty who actually loved being around water, maybe that is because he was born on a boat, and he spent his first 10 weeks on that boat before he found me, and I used to call him my little sailor kitty. That was so very special when your doggie regained his sight, thanks to his mom who cared about him so much and was devoted to him. The close ups of him show eyes that are filled with such sweetness, spirit, and light. Thanks again spiritdog for such a beautiful and heartfelt tribute which totally touched my heart, and thanks to your precious little Sidekick, who so made me smile, and even through my tears, the happiness came through.
Pamela Lynne Crawford
Quote 0 0
ahartofilis
Spiritdog,  So sweet and heartwarming are the words that come to my mind. Oh yes, I see the "happy" in your precious Sidekick over and over again!  Time may move along but our hearts hold onto them dearly no matter a day, a year, ten years. I so appreciate your lovely video and tribute to such a special looking, beautiful, companion.
   Sidekick had such a full and wonderful life with you. He also had a variety of playmates and friends. It made me happy and smile to see him so content, happy, and when he looks up at you..........oh my gosh, the heart just melts!
  Thank-you so very much for sharing him with us this way today. I understand how very much you miss him! Not only was he a happy boy, he was that way because of you!!................Please take care of yourself.........hugs to you and Sidekick, Sincerely, Andrea, Coco, and Rudy.
Quote 0 0
Mistysmama
Dear spiritdog....and dear Sidekick...

I just realised it's "Memorial weekend", and knew what you must be feeling right now.

Sidekick was an amazing dog, and an amazing buddy, bringing so much happiness to life for you and I am sure, everyone who knew him. What a little shining dogstar!

The ones we really love make imprints on our hearts that never fade, no matter how many months or years pass. They take root there. I know what you mean about living Sidekick's last day every year. I do the same with my Misty. I go everywhere we went on that last day (except the vet's) and can't help remembering those things.

The memorial video is a wonderful happy tribute to him. Bless Sidekick's spirit.
Hold the love like a little light. It is all you have, or will ever have, to find your way home.

Misty's Blog..a Dogfight with Cancer http://www.mistysblog69.blogspot.co.uk

Misty's life after death: http://www.dog2spirit.com
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
Spirit dog
Thank you for sharing this lovely tribute to your beloved Sidekick on this 2 year marker.I enjoyed it so very much and it really did make me smile, every frame was so special and the music perfect. It really lifted my spirit
What a gorgeous face and the love shining from his eyes , truly remarkable. And all the adventures and joyful times you shared, so many wonderfu memories you must have

I don't think two years sounds old at all it's been over 7 months for me and i have moments every day where I can't believe my boy won't just pop into the room, like its just been a bad dream that I will eventually wake from

You and all of us here have been so blessed to have found our special one, we must remember they are with us in spirit, only a step away

Peace and warmest of wishes for continued healing
You and sweet Sidekick will be in my thoughts and prayers

Hugs
Diana

Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
Thinking of you and precious Side on another sad anniversary. Your words said it perfectly and I could have written them myself about my Murphy: "I still, ever so much miss my "happy" which was you. You woke up happy, you did everything happy, you were the perfect happy. I could always count on you for my happy. I relied on you for my happy, and you never disappointed, ever."

The once in a lifetime love.

Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Jimbo106
Hi Spiritdog;  You said it very well...it isn't old. At first we count hours, days,months, and now we're into years. :(

The video is too sweet!

Blessings to you and Sidekick

Jim
Quote 0 0
spiritdog
Thank you all for watching Side's video, by doing that I feel he is honored, thank you.

Jaspersmom a little sailor kitty is such a great description of Jaspers character. Yes Side and Onny (Onyx) were buddies from the day they met. He used to clean her, lick her fur. And he respected her as well.

Your words mean a lot to me, and they were very beautiful. I am grateful.

aheartofilis Thank you so much for you loving words. I truly appreciate hearing from you. I can't tell how good it is to hear he made you smile. He made everyone smile, and now I don't see those smiles any more in real life because he is not here. So I am glad he can still do his job with his video.

Mistysmama You are ever so right, he is truly rooted in my heart. Your friendship and support mean the world to me and I am ever so grateful.

Beesmom Thank you for sharing the joy you felt watching the video. It means a lot to me. I agree it does feel like a bad dream, tho time has moved on, I would give anything to go back. Thank you ever so much.

Murphysmom I know you feel the same way. It is hard to go day by day when there is our "happy" missing. Everything is just less now. Thank you for watching the video and for reaching out to me.

Jimbo106 Thank you for taking the time to write and watch the video, I know you care.

I am so sorry for everyone's loss. This "club of grief" is one we all wish we were not in. Life is just less than......it was before. Though I muddle through each day, it sure isn't like my life before when I had that "happy" with me. I think car rides are the worst now. Oh how he loved them, and he made them so much fun for me, my little copilot he was. He knew the sound of the turn signals, he knew when we were close to home, he knew to talk to the people in the cars next to us, he jumped for joy every time I returned to the car from my errand. He couldn't wait to get back on the road again. And all that is gone now and it is very lonely in the car now. I hate this long weekend.

Quote 0 0