Jeremy
Hello, I just need to get something out.
My beautiful dog Mya had a seizure at 6am yesterday morning. I had never seen anything like this ever so I don't know what or how to feel. I called my local pet hospital at 6:05am. The Vet said if she has another one or two in 24 hours bring her in. Well she had 1 more I clapped my hands, called her name but nothing. Her eyes were open but she wasn't moving at all. So I gentley picked her up put her in my truck and drove her to the Vet. I arrived there nearly 7:00am. After the Vet examined Mya she looked at me my son and wife .
The seizures had caused severe brain damage. We all started to cry lots. We decided that euthanization would be the human thing to do.We had Mya for 11 years that was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. She was such a wonderful and great, Well behaved family pet. I don't know why I have suck a deep empty hole inside of me. I didn't realize it was going to hurt this much. You see i offten put Mya a head of other people and things. So yesterday I didn't only loose my pet I also lost my BEST friend. I just don't know how to overcome this darkness I fell. Sorry but I needed to get this off my chest.

I love you so much and miss you tons Mya.
Love Dad!
Quote 0 0
exit30
You are not alone Jeremy, we all put our buddies ahead of other's, family, friends, work, they are everything to us.  The hole they leave behind is bottomless, and there is no way to fill it, every pet owner has, or will be there at one point. To this day I feel the pain of every one of mine that I have lost, it doesn't get easier, it just finds a place in the background. The key is to allow you and your family time to grieve, there is no clock, just let it happen. This forum is a huge outlet, come back here when you feel the need. 
Quote 0 0
Jeremy
Thank you for your kind words. The feeling are like a rollercoaster. Cry , feel guilty and just all round sadness. I just keep hoping that she knows she had a great loving and caring home. Also hope she knows how much she is deeply loved and missed.

Once again thank you for your words of encouragement.
Quote 0 0
Lillymylove
Hi Jeremy I lost my little girl 5 weeks ago and know just what your going through that horrible gut wrenching pain lasted about a week but I have cried every day since and believe me letting it out helps,Lilly was my best friend and like you I put her first before others and the hole she has left in my heart will never be filled,be kind to yourself and don’t feel guilty which is part of grieving she had a love drenched life and she knew it.Take care.
David 
Quote 0 0
Jeremy
Sorry to hear about your loss. They really do know how to wrap themselves around our hearts. Thank you very much for your words. I also hope you all are doing well.
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Jeremy, I wanted you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers today. The bond we create with our dear friends cannot be explained. This journey you are on now, there will be ups and downs, peaceful moments and waves of grief. There is no way to hurry it, take it one day at a time, try to remember all the happy moments you had with Mya, the endless love the two of you shared, and as I believe, you will see Mya again. Grieve as you need to, there are no rules, we all must pass through these times and do the best we can. The love you had for Mya will last forever in your heart, it cannot be broken, the bond is forever. Blessings to you.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
Lola2010
I’m so sorry, Jeremy. We pour our hearts and souls into our animals, which explains the feeling of emptiness when they’re gone. My Lola was also 11 and taken in gruesome fashion while she was still so full of life. I’m sorry you had to witness the seizures experienced by Mya, but know that she is no longer in pain or discomfort. You provided a great life for her, so be proud of that. Like all dogs, I’m sure Mya would have done anything for you, so I believe that she would want nothing more now than for you to be happy.
Quote 0 0
William
Jeremy
I’m so sorry for your loss. I think all of us here put our pets first. That’s why the grief is so horrendous.
It’s awful to see our pets sick but thank God we have the option to help them pass peacefully.

Did you post pictures? Would love to see your baby.

This is the place to open up and get those feelings out. Please continue to write as it does help.

I lost my boy 5 months ago. It’s the hardest death I’ve experienced in my life and I’ve had many.

❤️🌈🐾
Kim
Kim
Quote 0 0
Jeremy
Hi Kim , Thank you very much for your words. I am sorry that you had to say bye to you baby too. its getting a little easier. Our fur kid really are easy to miss like crazy. Take care .

Thank you
Quote 0 0
exit30
Jeremy there aren't the words to  make this easier, everyone here has been in your shoes, the pain is horrible and there is no easy fix. For me personally the pain never goes away, it just finds a place, but it resurfaces regularly. We can only take solace in the fact that we gave someone a life, and in return they gave us more than life. The only thing I always recommend is to give yourself time to grieve, it is absolutely essential.  
Quote 0 0
gizmomybaby
Hi Jeremy so sorry for the loss of your mya , its an excruciating pain , I lost my boy 3 mounth ago today and its horrendous. Its shock & grief and lots of ifs and whys rolled into one . I realy feel your.pain you have came on the right place, wee all understand as wee are going through this sad journey too . Have you any pictures to share of your mya , they are our precious baby's Jeremy and its hard and it isn't going to be easy, but on here you will find people like you that will help because they all understand your pain weer all here to help one another, sending hugs to you & the family Annemarie x
Quote 0 0
Katie123
I'm so scared that's going to happen to our terminal dog. I hope your family found some peice
Quote 0 0