myluna1129
My dear friend and family member got hit by a car today. Luna was probably my best friend but sadly only for 2 years. She was an extraordinary cat to say the least. She'd always be there when you needed her and right now I really do. I need help with trying to cope with the situation but I can't stop crying. Hopefully someone out there can relate to how I'm feeling. I just miss her so, so much! I want my kitty back.
Quote 0 0
KatherineAnne
Oh, myluna, I am so sorry you lost your Luna like that. You are in shock. You will be in shock and disbelief for a while.

Of course you can't stop crying - you want your kitty back. She was always there for you and now she's gone. You love her and miss her and need her.

Everyone here relates to what you're going through and cares about the pain you're in.
Write as much as you want. Or just read others' posts.

I am so sorry this happened to her.
k
Quote 0 0
myluna1129
Thanks, that really means a lot. I've been beginning to take a look at this site more and I'm just grateful to know there is a place to talk about the loss of our furry friends.

You're right, I am in shock. Everything happened so fast and I didn't even get to say goodbye. I still think that if I'd done something that I could've saved her and that's one of the things that hurts the most.
Quote 0 0
KatherineAnne
myluna,
It's so hard when the "caretaker" in us feels that we failed in some way.
Even if we didn't.
Even if we know we can't be perfect.
Even if we did the best we could with the resources and information we had at the time.

It's really painful to think we did wrong or could have done more or better.
And we feel that way because we are good humans, and we care, and we try to do our best all the time.

Your perspective on this will probably keep shifting.
Right now I'm sorry because I know how painful those regrets can be.
k
Quote 0 0
myluna1129
Katherine,
Today the family and I are going to burry her in our garden where she always you used sit in relax.

It's so hard having to say goodbye so soon. I only yesterday was stroking her fur and feeding her treats. It's all just so serial.

I need her!
~Amy
Quote 0 0
mollysmommy
Myluna I lost my little Kitty one week ago I cant stop crying praying its a long bad dream I know it hurts so bad I cant stand it. Why why why?
Quote 0 0
myluna1129
Mollysmommy,
Why does this have to happen? I just don't understand why the things we love the most have to be taken away from us.

At this moment, my family is preparing to burry Luna and I can't stop crying, I can't let her go. Not yet.
- A
Quote 0 0
mollysmommy
I agree myluna I cant bear it it hurts so much everywhere I look in my house is s reminder of my beautiful black green eyed molly. I cant stop sobbing and I'm so angry she wasn't old the vet never said how the pyometra surgery went. Two weeks ago she was running around playing. Now how can I bear not feeling her body on my lap.
Quote 0 0
myluna1129
mollysmommy,
I feel for you and I'm sorry that you had to experience something like that. It hurts so much.

Everything reminds me of Luna. She was young as well and it wasn't her time to go. Around this time yesterday I was stroking her fur and now I just buried her.

Hopefully we'll both be able to get better without ever forgetting how much we loved our pets.
Quote 0 0
mollysmommy
Thank you myluna it helps to be around others that feel the same. I hate when people say oh its just a pet. My pets have helped me thru some very hard times.
Quote 0 0
KatherineAnne
myluna,
Yes, it's awful.
It's nice that your family understands and cares and that you are able to give her a resting place nearby and a dignified ceremony.
All those things mean a lot.

The only comfort I have for myself is that this is part of life.
There are millions of people all over the world today going through the same thing.
I will say that in the 2 months since Hanako died (she was 21 and I'm no more ready for her to be gone than you are to be without Luna) I've connected on a much deeper level with my friends who are grieving. I thought I'd had plenty of grief in my life and understood it, but I didn't understand this kind of grief, when you lose someone you're deeply attached to to death.

I am so sorry,
k
Quote 0 0
tcjayne
Katherine, I am deeply sorry and wish that I could be there for a hug.  I also lost my 11 year old dog Annie on 11/30 and also am still crying.  I will peace for eventual peace in your heart so that you can have only beautiful memories of Luna.
Quote 0 0
LainieZ
I lost my best dog ever yesterday. I made the call, set the arrangements, hugged while he crossed and have cried uncontrollably for the last 32 hours second guessing my decision. I want to know he is ok, I want him back. I know it was his time but I am hurting so bad right now. We love them so deep , it is so hard to give them up.
Quote 0 0
myluna1129
mollysmommy, I feel the same way. We all have lost the ones we loved the most and can get comfort from the ones who have gone through the same things as us.
--------
Katherine, you can never fully understand such feelings of pain and grief until it actually happens because it's so difficult to comprehend. All you can do is give it time and believe that our beloved pets are in a better place.
------------
Tcjayne, I'm not sure if you were writing to me or Katherine because you mentioned her name but my Luna. Either way thank you so much and I'm so so sorry for the loss of your Annie. I can't stop crying either and I know exactly how you feel.
------------
LaineZ, 32 hours is such a short period of time and of course you're crying, it has been 5 days since Luna passed and I still can't stop. I don't have many words that will help you because I'm still not sure how to help myself, nothing is working. I just want you to know that I'm all sorry that any of us have to go through this all the time. It hurts and I just hope that they are now I a better place.

Quote 0 0
nebiolth
Myluna,
 I am very sorry for your loss. The pain will be there throughout the day when you remember the daily routines. We lost our loving dog, Jayda, a month ago and everyday is a struggle. With that said, this web site is great--like a family. I will say a prayer for your comfort and--I believe--rest in the faith that our Lord will allow you to see your cat again and our beloved pets when it is our time to pass on to eternity.
With Blessings of comfort,
 Tom
Quote 0 0