RileysMom Show full post »
Chinadoll
Your post is so beautiful, I was so moved by your words, your love, it was an exceptional statement. Thank you.

Below is one of my favorite quotes from the Bible:

But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you; And the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you. “Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you; And let the fish of the sea declare to you. “Who among all these does not know That the hand of the LORD has done this, In whose hand is the life of every living thing, And the breath of all mankind?” (Job 12:7–10)

Again, thank you for your post, it brings a lot of comfort.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Wonderful, hope-filled thoughts and verses, Val. 

Yes, what an enemy death is. Awful! But we do. We long for the day when we will see it entirely swallowed up in our Lord's victory. 

I'm so sorry for all the pain contained in the two-month anniversary and in the entire two months. My heart goes out to you very much. It is tough from this side of eternity. Hugs to you!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Hi Val,

I so enjoy reading your beautiful words.  I loved your story about how you came to be graced with Rosy and Riley.  I'm sorry you lost your Ruby.  Reading that story kind of reminded me of a saying, "I thank God for unanswered prayers."  I think someone wrote a song to that effect.  The concept is that sometimes we pray for things that aren't meant for us, and get angry and hurt when our plans don't match those that the Lord has in store for us.  While it may be painful and feel unfair, something else better comes along and we see the reason the first plan didn't work out.  I'm doing a terrible job explaining, but I'm pretty sure you understand what I mean.  I'm not saying Riley was "better" than Ruby, but you would have missed out on Riley's love and personality had you not been in a position to get another companion. Riley can never be replaced, but maybe one day you will love a new Boston terrier at the same level.  I want to believe that I can one day find the kind of love I found with Mitookie.  I have another cat I love equally, but he is very different than Mitookie.  Mitookie and I had a bond that I can't explain, and I know I don't need to, because you already know what that is like.  Thank you dearly for instilling some hope for the future in me.  Lord knows I need it.  I hope you are having a decent week and that you are on the mend. 

Sending you hugs my friend,

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0
Mollysmama
Rileysmom,
Im sorry for your loss,i lost my molly this passed saturday..what i thought was a stomach virus was actually an infection in her uterus.I took her to the vet as soon as i saw that she was sick.the vet said he would run bloodwork to see if her heart could withstand surgery.i got a call from him around 530 pm saying the surgery went well but she wasnt entirely out of the woods.That night i was having alot of pain in my stomach n i kept crying worrying about her.My bf said dont cry your makings things worse than they are shes going to be fine.My ringer was off.The vet called me at 8:55 am n i missed it.I feel so guilty,did i not love molly enough to turn my ringer on! The vet called to tell me he got her up to walk,she was having trouble breathing n her heart stopped,he did everything he could but she didnt make it.my bf didnt want me to go sign the paperwork because he said he didnt want me to go thru it all over again.What he doesnt realize is that to me molly is lost,stolen,i have nothing to hug nothing to hold,she went to the vet n never came back,at least i could of hugged and kissed her and apologized that her life ended too soon.I feel like a horrible mother,i have 2 yorkies n i feel guilty showing them affection.I miss her soo much.I sit on the couch n stare at her room hoping to hear the lil bark/piggy snarls she would make.Yesterday i heard her bowls moving outside,i know it was just the wind but it gave me hope for a second.Im sorry molly mamas sorry ,she didnt know you were sick.I dont know how to function,im going thru a whirlwind of emotions through out the day n its hard for me at night cuz i work a 12 hour shift so i have to mask my emotions.Any words of encouragement are appreciated.Thankyou for hearing me out.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hi Mollysmama,

I am sorry that you lost your precious Molly, and in such a difficult, unexpected way. Grief is such a horribly painful thing and feels just unbearable at first. I'm very sorry you were not able to have the closure you would have wanted and to be able to cuddle and kiss her at the end. It does get better but the healing process is really slow. Much, much slower than any of us would want. I hope that writing and connecting with people here will help.

Mollysmama, I realize you're brand new here and want you to be able to get the most support that you can. So that people can find your posts and respond to you more easily and directly, please start a thread for yourself that will focus on your loss, your grief, and your Molly. This is actually Val's (Rileysmom's) space to talk about losing her Riley and her own grief and if you can imagine, she is facing a second loss of a beloved pet today.  On the main Pet Loss Support page, up at the right, click New Topic, and you'll be able to create your own thread and space to write all that you want or need to and receive support about Molly.

Again, I know how devastating the first few days are, when you lose your fur baby. It is just awful! The support from people here who understand has helped me much and I really hope it will help you, too. I wish you much, much comfort.

Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0