just_lost Show full post »
Jcunnane
Memories_of_Marmalade wrote:

Thank you!

I was just saying that again and again. I can't believe he is no longer here and I am never going to see him again. : *** (

Tonight it has been 6 weeks. And I am still in shock.

James

I know what you mean...it's so painful. I hope they know how much they truly mean to us and how much we love and miss them 💔 I know I'll never be the same. How can I be when I don't have him. I just hope he knows that he'll forever be my baby boy and he has a huge piece of my heart with him. 

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 0 0
just_lost
Jcunnane wrote:
I know what you mean...it's so painful. I hope they know how much they truly mean to us and how much we love and miss them 💔

Hi, Jackie, James, and all the others who may be questioning themselves.  The stories that I've read in these topics unceremoniously dismiss even the faintest whiff of doubt that your animals knew how very much you loved (and still love) them.  We do our best to give them good homes, we feed them, we pet them, we play with them, and we do our best to keep them healthy.  They return our love in their own way, and it hurts terribly when we have to let them cross the Rainbow Bridge.  Some of us consider our animals to be closer than people and, in some cases, family.  I'm that way.  Some of us grieve for them more than we have - or would - for people, and there's nothing wrong with that.  It doesn't make us bad people.  We love who we love, and we can't help that our attachments to our animals are sometimes stronger than to people.  They give so much meaning to our lives that we sometimes don't recognize until they're gone, but that doesn't mean that we loved them less or took them for granted.
Quote 0 0
Jcunnane
just_lost wrote:

Hi, Jackie, James, and all the others who may be questioning themselves.  The stories that I've read in these topics unceremoniously dismiss even the faintest whiff of doubt that your animals knew how very much you loved (and still love) them.  We do our best to give them good homes, we feed them, we pet them, we play with them, and we do our best to keep them healthy.  They return our love in their own way, and it hurts terribly when we have to let them cross the Rainbow Bridge.  Some of us consider our animals to be closer than people and, in some cases, family.  I'm that way.  Some of us grieve for them more than we have - or would - for people, and there's nothing wrong with that.  It doesn't make us bad people.  We love who we love, and we can't help that our attachments to our animals are sometimes stronger than to people.  They give so much meaning to our lives that we sometimes don't recognize until they're gone, but that doesn't mean that we loved them less or took them for granted.

Hi just_lost,

You're so spot on. I personally didn't recognize/realize how much Bubby did for me until he was gone. I love him with all my heart, every ounce of it and he knew that but what all he provided me I wasn't aware of until he wasn't there to provide it. 

For me, this is the most I have grieved for anything including my estranged father. Bubby was the most constant and consistent male in my life and he was truly my rock. As weird as it may sound he provided so much. He made me stronger, he made me have strength when I didn't think I had it, he provided comfort & security, he protected me, he gave me unconditional love, he listened to me babble & sing to him...and so much more. In the end maybe his purpose was to show me what true unconditional love is. How it shouldn't be so much work that it's draining...How unconditional love should be comfort.

I know he was sent to me with a purpose and not just to be the best "damn cat" ever! 😺

Bubby's (Milo) Mommy - Always & Forever My Little Man 💜

Quote 1 0
just_lost
So our house has become a meeting place for Midget and her buddies, and those buddies have managed to figure out how the cat doors work; one of them poked his/her head and arms through the inside door last night and saw Hailey and me.  The cat's face and chest looked like Brutus.  Hailey was growling and I thought about saying, "Kill it, skillet - it's only Brutus.  He lives here.  Remember?"  Then I realized that Brutus was busy holding the kitchen table down.  I think Away was on the counter, and he got curious.  The cat slowly backed out and left the garage through the outside cat door.  Makes me wonder how many times Midget's buddies have come in for a snack.  Cotton-pickin' animals 😉

Midget_buddy_80.jpeg 
Quote 0 0