cloudy

This is a first for me - guided here by the need to connect with energy of love for pets loss.  I have always been the one to offer support, kindness a comforting word.  That brings me joy, but alas, I am unable to offer the same comfort to myself as I agonize over the disappearnace of my beautiful friend "ChewBaby."  I have not given up hope that he may return, but he is old, diabetic and declawed.  Workers in my house left a door open and searching and calling all night brought no result.  After a flurry of activity, making posters, canvassing the neighbors, send broadcast neighborhood emails and visits to the local shelter, my hopes seem shattered.  I think the worst part of it is knowing that he needs me and I am unable to help him.  I am raw, paralyzed and numb, wishing I would wake up from this nightmare.  My story is not unlike those of the many others who love and care for their companions and must disconnect (at least mortally) with their best friends.  But it is my heart aching that makes me feel so isolated, so helpless and so alone.  I would never avoid the joy and love of a companion animal - it is a divine gift.  But I am reminded that the inverse price of that beautiful joy is deep sadness.  I will pay that price because the gift is extraordinary.  But for now, I wish only for that joy . . . Thank you for listening.  A kind ear is healing.

Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Chewbaby's mom,

I am so sorry that your precious baby is missing.  I can only imagine how devastated you must be feeling.  It is still early to give up hope of finding him, but if that never happens, you must believe that this was not your fault.  It is an accident and accidents happen.  Please keep us informed as to what happens.  My heart goes out to you. 

You are so right about the love that we share with our babies.  It is an extraordinary gift and the loss of that is extraordinary sadness and loss.  But who among us would  choose to not take the gift.  I would gladly make the same choices again.  My Kudo and Nico were a blessing from whatever is the source of all blessings.

Karen, Kudo and Nico's mom
Earth mom to Marco and Bella
Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Quote 0 0
nicokudo
Chewbaby's mom,

I am so sorry that your precious baby is missing.  I can only imagine how devastated you must be feeling.  It is still early to give up hope of finding him, but if that never happens, you must believe that this was not your fault.  It is an accident and accidents happen.  Please keep us informed as to what happens.  My heart goes out to you. 

You are so right about the love that we share with our babies.  It is an extraordinary gift and the loss of that is extraordinary sadness and loss.  But who among us would  choose to not take the gift.  I would gladly make the same choices again.  My Kudo and Nico were a blessing from whatever is the source of all blessings.

Karen, Kudo and Nico's mom
Karen,Kudo and Nico's mom
Quote 0 0
cloudy

Thank you for your comforting words. There is little else of consolation other than the empathy and understanding of others - It is a blessing and I thank you.

Quote 0 0