Fieran
My two beautiful kitties were left behind when a tenant moved out of my building.  Although I was looking for kittens at the time, I accepted them both and fell head over heels in love with them.  They were about 6 when I adopted them, and we've been together 10 years.

When they talk about the cat of your life, that was my beloved Chloe.  I had to put her down in April from complications from asthma.  I did come here a lot but could never write about her then.  Still heartbroken over her loss.  

Mika is a little more standoffish, but I love her too.  We've spent the last week going back and forth to the vet.  Spent a lot of money doing tests and trying different drugs.  She had a few good days, but not now.  All day yesterday, she wanted to be with me, and wanted to be petted, but cried every time I touched her.  She is just skin and bones now, won't eat and I have tried everything.  She didn't come to greet me at the door this morning - that's how I knew it was time with Chloe.  I went into the bedroom to check her on and she's just lying there crying.

I know it's time and she'll be with Chloe again, it's just so hard.  It seems like a cruel joke to lose them both in the same year.
Quote 0 0
rascal
oh , im so so sorry, so hard to see them go,,,,,i also had 2 cats that i loved to pieces,,,,my 14 yr old Skittles was really sick in feb, almost died,,,i got her well again and she was doing good, then a few weeks ago, we noticed her health was decling,,,,on sept 11, i went out to give her her thyroid and lasix pills, she refused them, so i gave her them mashed up in some ham baby food, she licked it once hen turned her head away,,i thought at the time ok, we will try again later,,,,i never saw her again,,,we think she went off that morning to die,,,ive never had a cat do this and its been so devasting,,,,she was getting weak a few days earlier,,,,and like you said she didnt really want to be touched, like her fur hurt,,,,she was such a cute little character and i miss her so much, i miss all our routines, and just taking care of her,,,,,i have my 13yr old Rascal , he is my babe and i treasure him ive been loving on him constantly to help me and feel better,,,,my boyfriend isnt as understanding about my grief as i wish he was,,,he was hurt too, but im struggeling everday,,,,,,,,sending you hugs and peace at this terrible time that none of us can avoid
michelle hansen
Quote 0 0
Fieran
Thank you, rascal.  I can hardly see to write this through the tears.  I have to believe she is with Chloe now.  She went very peacefully, hiding her head against me while they injected her.  So trusting right to the end.  This hurts so much.

I'm sorry about your Skittles.  Mika was always the healthy one, but the last month she vomited blood a couple times, then went off her food entirely.  She went from 13 pounds to 7 pounds.  I tried her on every food imaginable including kitten food, baby food and all kinds of specialty cat foods.  The last two days she would only eat gravy and only about a teaspoon of that.  We tried her on medications for her stomach, and then for the diarrhea and then an appetite stimulant but although she got better for a little while, the last two days it just continued to get worse.   She was suffering and I know it was time.  But knowing it was the right thing doesn't make it hurt any less.

Thank you for your kind words 
Quote 0 0