RavenHawke
So my cat had more seizures last night. I dont think it's related to hyperthyroidism because hes fat and was just diagnosed. He is in no way final stages. He acts ok but hes old and both vets said cancer. I'm scared and cant help him in any way.
"Life is like a book. Some chapters are sad, some are happy and some are exciting. But if you never turn the page, you will never know what the next chapter has in store for you."
Quote 0 0
CKMP
RavenHawke,
So so sorry to hear of your special one's diagnosis.  Cancer...it is a frightening word to hear from the vet - and throws you into worry, wonder, hope and grief...You feel uneasy all the time and spend hours watching and hoping there is a miracle around the corner.  There are so so many people here on the forum to help with this journey, with this so so difficult situation and with the overwhelming sense of helplessness and futility.  Come here often and share you cat's story and life - what is his name?  how old is he?  It sounds as if you and he have shared a lot of years and he is your best friend...We feel so helpless - you have taken care of him, responsible for all and now it seems you are unable to fix this...It is without a doubt a terrible feeling - alone and sick with hope and realizations.  Come and lean on the forum to help - there are many with kind words and experience [unfortuneately] that can help in those desperate moments and times.  Take care.
Quote 0 0
RavenHawke
Thank you for your reply. It is hard and I just sit here and wait for it to get worse. He has been eating a lot and today not so much. I feel like its gonna get bad real fast. But maybe I'm over thinking it.
His name is maggie (the very said he was a girl so we named him that and later found out he wasnt a girl)
Hes almost 15, hes a big fat cat. Hes normally very needy and a very gentle cat. He would never hurt you, and if he did he runs away. Today is isnt himself. But it could be from the seizures last night. I read sometimes it takes 24 hrs for them to fully recover. In hovering but I dont want to. It's so hard. I dont want to do this again. It's too soon. I'm still grieving from my other cat.
"Life is like a book. Some chapters are sad, some are happy and some are exciting. But if you never turn the page, you will never know what the next chapter has in store for you."
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Ravenhawke,

Maggie the big boy!  That is great!  And he sounds like a softie - This name resonates with me as two years and two months ago I lost my girl Maggee...and then her sister a year later to cancer.  The loss of the two has changed me forever - and the instantaneous feelings when hearing the word cancer is something I still feel.  We do 'overthink' - we overthink, agonize over every mouthful eaten or not eaten, scrutinize for any sign of change, and hope, pray and wish for the diagnosis to be wrong and for it to be something else - something treatable. Maggie had a rough evening last evening and he is maybe just taking it a bit slower today...It is so difficult as we sit so helplessly by and as you say just "wait".  Your grief and despair is compounded too by the loss of your other fur one...multiple loss - Ravenhawke it is overwhelming...I so wish you and Maggie were not in this set of circumstances - spend each moment with him you are able to - Wishing you any moment of calm and peace throughout this 'nightmare'.  Take care
Quote 0 0
RavenHawke
Thank you so much. I'm forcing myself to sleep and eat. I need to rest too, even though I want to watch him all the time. With my last loss, she didnt lose her faculties at all, but he seems like he is and it scares me. I just dont want him to forget me.
And I do what you said, watch every move he makes and try and figure out if it's normal or not. Its draining. But I guess we do what we have to, to make ourselves feel like we are doing at least something.
Thank you so much for your words. It means a lot
Quote 0 0