blueriver
I found a stray kitten on Friday last week. He was skin and bones. We think he was about 8 weeks old.I gave him some canned adult cat food and he was eating that. He didnt have any energy and was also covered in ticks. I gave him a bath and did my best to get the ticks off of him. He seemed to be getting more energy and I got optimistic that he would make it. On sunday my boyfriend and I went to walmart and got some kitten dry food. I had to leave to go to college which is 2 hours away. On tuesday my boyfriend said fluffy was acting weird and kind of stumbling around. I asked if he had water and to try canned food instead. I also mentioned taking the cat to the vet. But he didnt do those things. He later found the cat limp with no energy and fluffy died during the night. I realize it would not be easy for my bf to take the cat to the vet because he was in a bad car accident and needs crutches to walk. I just wish I could have been there. Maybe I could have done something. I am now torturing myself with the possibilities of what caused his death. I dont know if its the cat food. I did research after fluffy died. The cat food my bf bought was special kitty and I now realize that is not good. I gave it friskies canned food for the first couple of days.I am just hoping it wasnt something I did. My bf said he was going to the bathroom alot and stopped using the litter box. He also said fluffy wasnt eating much. I wonder why my bf didnt try the canned food again. Another terrible thing about this is it makes me uppset with my boyfriend. I wish he would have done more.I could feel all the bones in fluffys body but he did have kind of a pudgy belly. He was a sweet cat and I really got attached to him the few days I was with him. I was really looking forward to seeing him again but instead I had to bury him today. I am so sad and disturbed. I know its not healthy to be upset with my bf and to blame him. I know he is sad too. But I find myself questioning everything and wanting to assign blame..even if it is to blame myself. I would appreciate any help and support. I am not doing well and my thinking is just making everything worse. I just feel like id do anything for fluffy to be alive again.
Quote 0 0
shantismom
I am sorry your little Fluffy died.  You can't know what had happened to that little one before you found him.  Could be no matter what you did Fluffy would have died.  I know that it doesn't take long to become attached to a kitten but remember the little guy didn't have to die all alone on the street somewhere.  The last days of his life he was fed and cared for, that is a real gift you gave the little guy.
There are other kittens who are in need of a good home and maybe after a little while you can go find another little one in need.
I don't think the food was to blame, kittens can have a variety of things go wrong especially when born on the street somewhere.  Don't blame yourself or your boyfriend, you did what you thought was best.
Marlene Wagner
Quote 0 0
jonancy
I agree with shantismom, the kitten had love and comfort from you his last days. You tried your best, please don't beat yourself up. I know its hard not to.

Take care,
Jonancy...Scooters mama
Quote 0 0
blueriver
Thank you both for your support. I really appreciate that you took the time to help me feel better.
Quote 0 0