zcb
Scooter has gone over the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon.  He went so peacefully and now I know he's no longer afraid.  He just didn't understand what was happening to him and I could see it in his eyes that he was not the happy little guy I've known for all these years.  Thank you everyone for your kindness and understanding.  I wouldn't have it any other way than to have my babies at home for their last moments.
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I am so sorry that you had to say let your beloved Scooter go. I admire you for putting his needs first and letting him go with dignity.
I just read through your other post and I know what a heartbreaking decision this was for you. My little Shih tzu also had collapsing trachea syndrome but we had to let him go (before it had progressed too far) because he had cancer. I still remember how worried I was though when we first noticed it.
I am so glad the doctor was able to make it to your home!
I know this is the hardest part so please post again with an update on how you are doing.
Sending hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
catiebee
It is the most heartbreaking decision. I'm so very sorry for your loss of Scooter. It's tormenting to see them struggle and my heart goes out to you over all you've experienced. Take care of you. Wishing you much comfort.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
zcb
Thank you for your thoughts.  I just keep thinking he'll come around the corner with his sparkling eyes that would always be ready to play.

Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Hi
He's at peace now your lovely Scooter and I'm real sorry you have lost him it hurts like crazy but you put his feelings above your own and that takes true love for him and strength on your part , i think making the decision to put our pets out off pain or distress is the hardest decision we make ever .

I too still after a month forget mackys not here , the missing is strong
I do feel very blessed to of had the honour of bring mackys mum for 15 half yrs and I'm sure you feel the same about your Scooter .
Quote 0 0
zcb
My only consolation is that he didn't suffer long.  I miss him so very much I can't even look at his pictures.  His bed is still beside mine and I don't know if I can ever move it.  I love you Scooter so very much.  
Quote 0 0
PJRN007
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can't move Ash's things or disturb the bed where he last slept.  Prayers for you and Scooter.
Quote 0 0