Buzz
I'm about to lose my best friend of 11years...I lost his little brother 1/2 years ago now my Scooter has fallen with the same fatty liver disease and will not eat and spits out what little food when i force feed him...It's heartbreaking to see him going down so fast....So i've said my goodbye and will take him back to the vet tomorrow it will be very difficult coming home and not seeing him greet me at the door or body slamming me at 6 in the morning to get up and feed him or rock him like a baby to sleep (he loved to be carried) as a senior i always said that we'd grow old together and we will as he and his little brother Tweedy will live on in my happy memories of better times.....
Quote 0 0
jonancy
What a handsome cat! I am so sorry for what you are going through, all of us here understand and are here for you. I have to tell you, my furbaby that I lost is also named Scooter, he was a Dachshund. This forum helped me more than anything. I will be thinking about you tomorrow.

Take care,
Jonancy... Scooter's Mama
Quote 0 0
Buzz
Thank you jonancy
I appreciate your condolence very very much..what makes me angry is i see wonderful advances in human medicine but our furry family members are subject to very few and extremely expensive options for treatments with a 90% fail rate.

Yet the money i've spent only brought him back for a couple days so it will be difficult but i firmly believe he's cuddled with me for hours in his way of saying it's okay i'm ready....I'm very sorry to hear of your loss Scooter is a great name and i'm sure we'll all be reunited one day I wish you peace.....Thank you
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My deepest condolences on the loss of your Scooter. He was a handsome cat and I know how terribly painful it is to lose your best friend. I think you are right when you say Scooter is saying it's okay. Our pets know when it's their time and he knows you gave him much love and a great life. Take Care! I wish you peace.
S.
Quote 0 0
Buzz
My beloved Scooter it will be one year since you've crossed over the Rainbow Bridge....I have your ashes and your pix of you and little brother that I talk too almost every day.... Grandpa loves and misses his baby boys....I hope you've found Uncle Russ to be snuggle Bunnie's with until I get there..... Then we'll all be together again forever playing under the copper tree...... Love Grandpa.
Quote 0 0
Buzz
Sampson wrote:
My deepest condolences on the loss of your Scooter. He was a handsome cat and I know how terribly painful it is to lose your best friend. I think you are right when you say Scooter is saying it's okay. Our pets know when it's their time and he knows you gave him much love and a great life. Take Care! I wish you peace.
S.
Quote 0 0
Buzz
Thank you Sampson your kindness is greatly welcomed.....
Quote 0 0
Sampson
You're welcome Buzz, my pleasure. It's a painful road I know. I think Scooter and his little brother, and their uncle Russ are all happy and together now and when it is time they will be there to welcome you, no doubt!
In the meantime I wanted to mention something I've been giving some thought to... have you thought of volunteering to cuddle a cat or walk a dog at a shelter? I don't feel ready for another dog just yet although it's also something I'm considering more lately. I've been thinking there are a lot of lonely pets; some abandoned, others abused that I could help and I'm sure it would help me at the same time so I looked into it and have gotten some references for dog walking and cat cuddling.
I think you have such a good heart and some poor animal could benefit greatly from that Buzz but I know you are still grieving your beloved boys so you may need some time. But something to think about..
I hope you are doing okay.
Your friend, Sampson
Quote 0 0
Buzz
Thank you Sampson for the kind words and thoughts..Some of our dearest companions are the little ones who love us and make our lives so much better....Yes i know your pain as are many here who've lost and will lose their precious babies, but my life is so much richer now as i look back on all the years i was blessed to have my beloved boys and the many happy memories i had with them.

You see i didn't choose them they chose me and they had a great life and we must remember that they are only here for a little while to enrich our lives with unconditional love a love that still glows brightly for them, so again i thank you for your kind words as they a lot.......Buzz
Quote 0 0
Buzz
Oh.... Sampson there is a new member of my family and her name is Pepper..She is a Russian Blue who's a two year old rescue and we're getting very well acquainted .....Good luck to you and your volunteering with other furbabies that need someone in their lives.
Quote 0 0