fizeek77
I lost my lab to a very tragic event a yr ago in june.  I had to bury her which was not my wishes, and wanted to cremate her like my cat.  We are having to move by next spring and it's been eating at me, I want to take her because of how she died. I got her from my husband due to me hurting so much after losing my cat of 10yrs.  She was so special, and to lose her tragically, I don't know if I can forgive myself if I leave her. The only reason I would is because of reading Marley and me, and they took Marley when they left.  What would you do???
Quote 0 0
mymilo
Oh my gosh I said the same thing to my kids I said that if we ever moved somebody is going to have to dig up Milo because I'm not leaving him. It sounds morbid but I honestly don't think I can leave without taking him with us.
Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Thankfully, every pet I have lost (six of them) were cremated and I have their ashes in beautiful caskets so, if I ever move on, they will be going with me. I always chose not to bury my animals because I knew that should I ever move house, I couldn't bear to leave them.

I can understand your dilemma and I am sorry that you are faced with this. If it were me, I would have to take my baby with me, although it may be an extremely upsetting time having to unearth her. I guess all I can say is if you believe you have the inner strength to disinter your beautiful lab and take her to your new place, then go for it. You strike me as being the sort of person who would be swallowed by guilt if you didn't take your lovely girl when you leave your current home. Moving home is stressful enough without putting yourself through any further grief and turmoil. Do what is right for you as you must put yourself first in this and, if that means taking your beloved pet with you, I would say do it.

Take care

Wendy x

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Po_Po_and_The_White_Warg
I agree with Wendy... I would want to take my baby with me. I really thing you should take her with you.

If you aren't feeling up to it...have someone do it for you whom isn't close to the situation...  If you do not...it will eat at you forever and you there is nothing worse than regret (in my opinion).
I will always love you...my furry son Raptor and my furry baby Zeus.  How wise you both were....you taught me so much.  I learned that it was I, who needed you....
Quote 0 0