curt
Yesterday, 4/11, the vet came to the hous to assist Julie across the bridge. Julie was in renal failure and was 13 years old. She could barely stand up and walk the last few weeks and we had been carrying her in and out of the house for her to relieve herself.  The vet was very kind, patient and gentle. Julie went to sleep peacefully andnow she is running thru green meadows chasing rabbits and squirrels. She will be waiting for me at the bridge. I miss her so much and am in so much pain, can not stop crying. I loved her so totally, she was the sweetest dog I ever shared my life with. 
Quote 1 0
chilover
I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved Julie. There are no words to describe the depth of pain we feel when our furbabies pass but we can however feel tremendously blessed that we had them in our lives. Julie was a lucky girl to have had you and you too were lucky to have had her. I lost my baby to renal failure too & just like your beloved Julie she too could barely walk & I had to carry her outside to relieve herself. I am glad to hear that your vet was kind. Sending you comfort during your healing journey.

Hugs
Angelina
(Daisy's mummy)
Quote 1 0
JulieF
So sorry for your loss - we feel it deeply when they go.  She was lucky to have a mom like you. Bless you.
Quote 1 0
Alanfar
So sorry for your loss. Julie will be in your heart forever and will be there to meet you on the other side
alan farlowe
Quote 0 0
curt
Thanks for the replies. Sharing with this forum has made it just a little easier to deal with the loss. 
Quote 0 0
greenbeagle
One of the hardest goodbyes.... So very sorry for your loss. I lost my girl on 4/7/20 and I miss her terribly, but like your girl, she was in pain. She was 19 (cat) and I knew keeping her around just for me was cruel. And, keeping her didn't really spare me any sorrow or sadness because seeing her everyday the way she was, and knowing that it was just a matter of time..., I still felt enormous sorrow. 💔😢
Quote 0 0
curt
It has been 11 days since I lost my Julie to kidney failure.  I thought it might start to be a little less painful by now but I still break down  every day and cry. I miss her so damn much. For 13 years we did everything together. Now I wake up in the morning and just have no reason to even get out of bed.  I fear that I am sinking deeper and deeper into depression and don't know how to get over losing my best friend.  Please tell me it does get easier with time. 
Quote 0 0