Mysweetebby0717
We're taking our sweet 10 year old Lab to the vet this morning to say goodbye. She was diagnosed with Cushing's syndrome earlier this year. We tried treating her with prescription medications but they weren't working and her liver values weren't getting any better. She's developed breathing problems and has ulcers in her mouth and sore spots on her legs where the skin is so thin. This is killing me inside. I don't want her to suffer anymore but I also don't want to say goodbye. I'm so upset that I don't feel like I'll get over this grief any time soon.
Quote 0 0
CK
I'm so sorry to hear you have to say goodbye. I hope you enjoy some big cuddles and kisses with your dog and please remember that she will be running free and feeling well again over the rainbow bridge. This poem made me cry but helped me I hope you find some comfort from it.
Quote 0 0
helenbutcher
my husband stayed with our 2 previous dogs when they were put to sleep.  I just can't do it.  Now within a few days we have to put our last one to sleep.
Helen Butcher
Quote 0 0
emstitcher
helenbutcher wrote:
my husband stayed with our 2 previous dogs when they were put to sleep.  I just can't do it.  Now within a few days we have to put our last one to sleep.

Re-think that while you still have the chance. I thought I couldn't either, but am SO glad I did. Our vet came to our home, and all 4 us (older kids) were holding and loving him. He knew that. I know it's hard, but it's not for you, it is for your baby's peace. Just my thoughts, passing no judgement. We lost our boy only last week, and I am beyond devastated, but I am so glad I was there for him. Sending hugs. 
Laney
Quote 0 0