Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
SadLou

Reply with quote  #16 
Syd123 I am so sorry for the loss of your Colby, you gave him such a happy life and I'm sure he up at the rainbow bridge watching you with a big smile on your face as my Billy is doing with me, hope you find comfort soon as do I, two days later and I'm really struggling, big hugs x

Reply with quote  #17 
Brownie and Lou thank you both for your kind words during your own time of pain too. Thinking of Colby walking by me each day is some how comforting and also somewhat sad. He was attached to me at the hip, never leaving my side, and to think that he is still here is so sweet. At the same time it’s hard, I want to be able to see him.
Syd123

Reply with quote  #18 
Sometimes out of nowhere I feel this wave of sadness come over me as I remember that I can’t hold you again. The world seems to spin around me, everyone moving at 100 miles an hour, but I’m here stopped, stuck. I just want to scream and tell everyone to stop. That the world can’t go on, not without my boy. Nights are bad, when I crawl into bed and see his picture next to me instead of him. Mornings are worse as I wake and come out of the fog to remember that he is gone. Sometimes I’d rather just stay asleep, at least it’s not painful there. I miss him so much. My whole heart aches for him.
Syd123

Reply with quote  #19 
My baby, my pup, my Colby. I miss you so much. Everyday I think of you and it’s still so unreal. I just want to hold you, to hear you, to smell you. This pain is breaking me. Friend I miss you.
catiebee

Reply with quote  #20 
Syd, I'm so very very sorry about Colby. Waves of grief are terrible and my heart goes out to you for how much you are hurting. I understand missing everything about him, including his scent. They become such a deep, wonderful part of our lives! It is just so hard. I wish you much comfort and healing. 
Shark88

Reply with quote  #21 
Wow!  The shock of it all.....you didn't really even have a chance to love on your best friend a few more days....following that terrible news.
Please accept my deepest condolences.   It takes a long time to get to where you can manage your emotions but still the void
is there.   Your Colby can never really be replaced.   The deeper the love, the deeper the pain.   Hold your head up knowing you
loved and cared for Colby and gave him the best life you could.   Colby is no longer suffering and now lives in The Almighty's Animal 
Kingdom.   
Syd123

Reply with quote  #22 
You are so right, our best friends leave a void and it can never be filled nor do I want it to be filled by anyone other than Colby. I do believe the greater the love the greater the pain. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Some days are harder than others. Some moments harder than most. I’m still struggling to accept this. Logically I know he’s gone, but my heart just wants to be with him again.
Syd123

Reply with quote  #23 
Everyday is still so hard. I keep myself busy because when I’m busy I’m less likely to break down. If I’m alone too much or left to my own thoughts, he is all I can think about. It still feels so unreal. I miss him so much I can hardly breathe.
Syd123

Reply with quote  #24 
I dreamed of Colby the other night. I was walking up to my front door and my best friend was standing at the door unlocking it for me. Standing next to her looking me in the eyes was Colby. I was frozen in my spot, I couldn’t move, I couldn’t call out to him. I knew it was him but I also knew he was gone. He trotted past me into the yard to pee and when I turned around a puppy about a year old was running back past me into the house.
Gentlegiant

Reply with quote  #25 
Hey Syd123,

What a beautiful dream!

I'm no expert, but if I had to take a guess at Colby's message to you, he's saying he is happy and well, but wants you to be happy too.  He wants you to remember him but also he thinks that it's time you gave a new puppy the same wonderful and happy life you once gave him.  It will heal your heart, and that would be what Colby wanted, to see you happy again.

Hugs to you
xx
Syd123

Reply with quote  #26 
Thank you Gentlegiant for your words of wisdom. I believe what you are saying and it’s very comforting. I’m so lucky and so happy that Colby sent me this dream and I hope that many others here in this forum will find some peace too. My family is looking into getting a puppy as we do think Colby would like his family to be watched over by another dog and it would be very healing for all of us.
Gentlegiant

Reply with quote  #27 
Yes Syd123,
I believe that as well as keeping them forever in our hearts, it is important to remember the love and joy they once gave us and (more importantly) that they would want us to share with other fur babies.
That is not to say the new puppy would ever be a replacement for Colby (I'm sure you'll agree that would NEVER happen) but rather the puppy would be a new friend/family member to share the good times and help you with your healing.  How better a way to honor Colby, that to remember him and celebrate his life by loving another who deserves the same affection.
Hugs to you, and I hope you find your new baby (or that he/she) finds you first.
xx
Syd123

Reply with quote  #28 
It never gets better. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of you. Seeing pictures of you hurts too much. I love you so much. I miss you more than anything.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.