Forum

Author   Comment  
usastar70

Reply with quote  #1 
My Husky and dear friend of 7 years was just diagnosed with a 7cm sarcoma between his ribcage.  When I took him to the vet last week they tried to biopsy it but there was too much blood and they couldn't see anything.  This morning I had him in for an ultrasound and they said it was 7 cm, very close to the abdominal wall,  and a sarcoma.  He said he didn't want to biopsy it because it could spread the cancer.  He thought the best course of action would be to remove it and then biopsy it.  I don't know what to do or think right now.  This is mind blown!!!!  Since they already tried to biopsy it, is the cancer spreading right now as I type this?  If they open him up will the cancer spread because now it has oxygen?  Will they be able to get all of the cancer if they do go in?  I don't even know what else I should be asking the vet at this point?  Does anyone out there have any suggestions or thoughts that I might be able to take to my vet?  I don't know that I am thinking clearly enough right now to have a intelligent conversation with the vet.  Thank you for any suggestions and help you can offer.  My heart is broken in a million little pieces right now and I know all of you will here will understand my heartbreak.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.