dixielil6
My almost 12 year old poodle had a mass removed from her elbow.  Unfortunately diagnosed as soft tissue sarcoma, grade 3, incompletely resected because of the location. We are devastated and because of the possibility of regrowth, consulted a vet oncologist for treatment options.  Was given "watch and wait", surgery to remove leg, radiation therapy or  intralesional chemo, at the site, then monitoring.  I think I'm going with that option because there are generally few side effects.  I'm so sad about this.  I lost my almost 16 year old poodle 2 years ago, and thought I'd have a few years left with my little girl, Cinnabun. I'm trying to remain positive, but overwhelmed with worry; I wonder if anyone has gone through this with success?  Thanks. 
Quote 0 0
Sampson
I’m so sorry for this diagnosis and your pain my dear. I wonder if it would be helpful to get another opinion. I’ve never been a believer in chemotherapy because it seems to do more damage to the body. I’m not familiar with this type however so it may be different. I would say to do lots of research or even consult another oncologist. Maybe your friends or colleagues could suggest someone. I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help. Please post an update. Best of luck!
Sam
Quote 0 0
dixielil6
Hi Sam,
Thanks for responding.  This chemo is supposedly "site" specific and not supposed to cause any side effects. Just ensuring that they kill off the remaining cells they couldn't remove with the mass.  Other than "watch and wait" the other options of limb removal and radiation were not anything I would consider. It has not spread, which is hopeful, but,yes have been asking for more opinions.  Thanks again.
Lily 
Quote 0 0
Sampson
Hello again Lily,
I was thinking of you and wondering if there are any updates on Cinnabun. I hope that everything is okay.
Regards,
Sam
Quote 0 0