Dogmom6
I have attached images and reports of the biopsy. Please could someone verify, with honesty, if this was adequate imaging for a sarcoma? I feel as if I could have saved my baby but I didn’t. He was diagnosed as having a hematoma but after waiting 4 weeks it returned and was in fact a sarcoma and we had to heartbreakingly say goodbye 2 weeks later.
I would also like to know if this is a sarcoma/hematoma as a result of a sarcoma? and if it could have been removed?
Thank you if anybody could answer some of my questions.
Quote 0 0
Sooz
I'm sorry don't have any knowledge in this area, but I share your heartbreak in having to say goodbye. I hope someone with more knowledge than I have will be able to reply.
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I don't know the answer, but I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my precious girl dog to lymphoma and know canine cancers can move super quickly.  My heart goes out to you.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Dogmom6
Thank you Sooz and Catiebee, I am absolutely heartbroken and there was a four week period where nothing was being done as we thought all was fine. Those weeks haunt me now. Life isn’t the same without him here, everything feels wrong
Quote 0 0
Shortnsassy87
Dogmom,

Like the others, I don’t have the answers you are seeking, but my Beowulf had a hematoma in his ear just 6 weeks before we had to say goodbye. He declined very suddenly, I noticed he was acting “off” for a couple of days, but Sunday (4/22) I noticed he was showing signs of congestive heart failure so I rushed him to the vet for an emergency visit. Monday his results came back as having tumors in his chest and abdomen. I could tell he’d already given up and was simply waiting to die so Tuesday I made the heart wrenching decision to put him to sleep. I have no many questions. Was this cancer that had metastasized from a lump we had removed previously? Why wasn’t this caught back in November when he had his annual visit? I couldn’t afford bloodwork for the pre-op last month. Could I have saved my baby if only I could have afforded that extra expense? I imagine it would have already been much too late, but is there anything I could have done to save him if only I had known earlier? I certainly would have put him through the surgery for the hematoma and most certainly would have had his eyes removed just 2 weeks later (5 weeks ago now). Had I known he was at the end of his life, I would have saved him that suffering. I’m dying inside with all these questions.
Quote 0 0
Dogmom6
Shortnsassy87, I am so sorry for your loss. It is so terrible to be left with so many unanswered questions and guilt! I also have so many and I feel as if I ruined any chance I had of saving him. Cancer is such a terrible disease and it’s so sad we have to see the most innocent and loyal surcumb to it :( I hope that you can find peace and I hope that I can too. For the last 2 years I had been spending every waking minute with him because I work from home and that brings me some comfort. I just feel as if he deserved so much better and I wish I had done more! Regret is an overwhelming feeling.
Quote 0 0