Lulu_Zandersmom1
LuluBelle Peanut Princess was our precious rottweiler who had to cross the Rainbow Bridge yesterday.   She was 12 years old and had been a certified therapy dog and a R.E.A.D dog at our local library before retiring two years ago.    10689915_604389486337190_5319327781702385574_n.jpg 
She had not been feeling well for a couple of months, but we thought it was tummy issues or old age.  We had been treating her tummy with rice and hamburger and thought she was doing better, but then she stopped wanting to eat a few days ago.   She had good days where she pranced like a puppy and other days where she just wanted to lay on her bed in the sunshine and snooze.  Can't blame her at her age right?  Yesterday my husband felt she just wasn't doing well and took her to the vet.   They x-rayed and found a large inoperable cancerous mass in her abdomen that was pressing on her organs.   My husband said she barely made it into the clinic and collapsed in the waiting room.    The decision was made to let her go so she wouldn't suffer at all - who knew how bad she had been feeling while this mass was growing inside her and we didn't know?   
She was my husband's heart dog and this has hit him hard.   I hope I can help him through this grief.   We have another pup at home, a 10 year old rottie named Zander, so there is some comfort there, but our home will never be the same.  
Lulu was one in a million.    So blessed to have had her in our lives....

Quote 0 0
exit30
Awww LuluBelle was adorable, one of those faces you just wanna grab and smooch. So sorry for your loss, it sounds like LuluBelle touched many hearts as a therapy dog, that is a very fulfilling and noble life, just remember that she helped many others. 
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
I am so very sorry for your loss. It is sure to leave a big hole in your heart. Our dogs hide their pain from us, it is good that as soon as you knew she had this mass. You can't let them suffer which shows how much you loved her. She looks like a great dog. I also just lost my one in a million dog, so I understand your pain. It's just horrible. Good luck and I hope you find comfort here. 
Quote 0 0
Lulu_Zandersmom1
exit30 wrote:
Awww LuluBelle was adorable, one of those faces you just wanna grab and smooch. So sorry for your loss, it sounds like LuluBelle touched many hearts as a therapy dog, that is a very fulfilling and noble life, just remember that she helped many others. 

Thank you. It does help to remember how happy she was doing her therapy work. She knew as soon as she saw her vest coming out that it was time to go make people smile.
Quote 0 0
Jackz
I am so sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0