ashleyteresa
I had to have my cat of 18 years put to sleep last week. She had something wrong with her tooth so I took her to the vet and lab work showed she had severe kidney failure and they thought putting her through the surgery of a tooth extraction would be too much on her. I am just so sad. I got her when I was 10 years old. She's been with me through everything, grade school, high school years, college, getting married and having three kids. I just don't know how to deal with it, I miss her so much. 
Quote 0 0
MonaGirl
Hugs, I understand. I lost my little girl Mona to heart disease, at home.
Quote 0 0
BeachieGirl33
So sorry for your loss.  I lost my Little kitty 16 weeks ago (on this upcoming Wednesday).  He had just turned 18 on Feb. 4.  He had cancer.  I lost my Batman kitty to kidney failure 2 years ago - he was 13.  I know you are devastated - I still am.  I miss my Little so much and it still hurts even after 16 weeks.  I hope you can find some peace somewhere along this long road of grief.  You will be in my thoughts.  Take care of yourself.  Again, I am so sorry you lost your kitty baby.

Hugs...
Betty
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My condolences on the loss of your beloved cat. It's so tough when we lose our wonderful friends especially when you have gone through so much together as you did with your cat. Thinking of you,
S.
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
So very sorry for your loss.  Its hard losing our little furry family members, as they see us through so many sad and happy times in our lives. I`m sure she knew how very much loved she was, and although the first few days/weeks are unbearably sad, you will eventually be able to remember all the special times you shared with her. Take care.

Hugs, Jackie
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Zoeylove
So sorry.  Your kitty was such a part of your life - she grew up with you.   My wound is fresh too - put our 16 year old cat to sleep last week too.  She was totally fine one week (or so I thought) and then we learned she had cancer.  It was weird how it all went downhill only as soon as we learned of the diagnosis.  The silly part of my brain wonders if I had just not taken her to the vet that day, she might be cancer free!  

Somehow I was able to live in this dual reality before it happened where I knew I might not have much time left with her but I also believed that she'd never die.  

I've been finding a lot of solace on these boards.  People are hanging in there in all different stages of grief and it helps to hear about how they are progressing through it and talk to people who totally get what you're going through.  
Quote 0 0