dianaruth10

It has been over 1 yr since I lost my Sadie. I don't know if it will ever get easier, I think about Sadie every day. It is still such a great lose to me, she was the best and most loving dog I have ever had. So in-tuned with each other, it is so hard to explain what we had together. She was my very best friend, always there with me every day. I sometimes wonder if it will ever get any better, I wonder if I am the only person that has missed their pet and if something is wrong with me. I haven't found that time has made it any easier.

Quote 0 0
finchgangsmom

There is nothing wrong with you at all. You had a beautiful connection to sadie and there is no time limit on grief. I too wonder about time making things better. Im grieving for not just lacey but my other sweet little ones as well.{HUGS}

Finch Gangs Mom (Loren)
Quote 0 0
dianaruth10
Thank you so much for that sweet message, it is good to know that I'm not alone in how I feel and that something is wrong with me. I have always been an animal lover and have had many dogs since I was a child. I've missed them all and took their death pretty hard but Sadie was just so special, there are just no words to even to begin to describe her sweetest.

Thanks again for your message and I hope that you have a wonderful day and have a very Merry Christmas.
Quote 0 0
Meghanm
One thing I have to keep telling myself over and over, and it is the same advice I will give to you is, it's OK to be sad. Let yourself feel it. Tell us about your Sadie, she sounds so very special from what you have said. Sadie will always be in your heart and continue to be an important part of your life. I am thinking of you, I know how difficult it is around the holidays. I lost my Sammy almost 3 days ago and it is so heartbreaking. Will make for a rough Christmas, but I am trying to give extra love to our other 3 dogs. So please know I am thinking of you.
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0
donnalee
Hi Dianaruth,
I lost my sheltie, Scottie, almost 8 months ago and I still think of him everyday also.  I am certainly much, much better now than I was the first 3 months but the tears still come at times, especially if I try to talk about him.  I definitely understand how you feel.   I think we all understand about that one baby that is just so very special and you can't even describe the connection, the bond.  You love all of them but THAT one was most special.
I don't have an explanation but it does seem to be that way. 

I don't know why and it may not be interesting to you at all but I'd like to share with you what happened to me today because it was quite a day for me.  
Lately, I have been feeling as if I couldn't really remember what it was like to hold him and look into his eyes, etc.  I was wishing to have those memories come back to me because I miss it so. 
This morning, on my way to work, a cute little brown puppy was running down the middle of the street  in traffic.  I pulled over to see if he had a collar with ID.  Usually, in situations like that, the animal won't come to me because they are lost and scared.  However, this little guy literally jumped into my arms and started licking my face!  He was just 8 lbs. and oh so cute.  I drove up and down the street trying to find someone outside to see if anyone knew who he belonged to but no one seemed to know anything.  Since we were just blocks from the school where I work, I finally decided to take him to school with me to see if any of the kids knew who he belonged to.  Some parents told me he had been running all around the neighborhood for days.  Hmmm....that's not good.  Well, of course, he caused quite a stir at school....the Principal probably wasn't thrilled I brought a stray puppy to school but he knows how I am and is very kind.  As I looked closer, he was totally flea infested...I mean horribly.  At my lunch break, I was able to take him to a nearby vet and he gave him a pill which would make the fleas die within 4 hours.  The vet determined he had not been very well taken care of.  So, I went ahead and got him all checked out and got his shots because I was hoping to find a good home for him since I'm not in a position to have a new baby just yet.
I guess my point of all this is---this little guy wanted to sit in my lap all day.  From the moment I first picked him up, he put his little head on my chest and looked up at me with the biggest brown eyes and gave me such a look.  He just melted my heart and it brought back all those memories of when Scottie was that size and he'd look at me the same way.  I realized that another baby WILL be able to capture my heart again...I wasn't sure about that.  I got to have a whole day of puppy love, just hugging that little chubby furball...it was so great.  He followed me all over my office and napped under my desk. 
A teacher had been wanting a puppy and she fell instantly in love with him so I was able to let him go to a good, loving home.   It was quite a day!  I have this smile on my face tonight that I can't wipe off just because I got to hold this adorable little cuddly guy all day.
Dianaruth, I hope you continue in your healing.  I know we all miss our best friend and I just hang on to the vision of seeing my boy again one day as I'm sure you will see your precious Sadie.   I'll be thinking of you.   
Quote 0 0
donnalee

I forgot to ask....are you able to post a picture of Sadie?  Shelties are so beautiful and so loving, aren't they?   Scottie was a big ol' Sheltie.  At times, I wished he was a tiny one, but, of course, I loved him just the way he was! 

Quote 0 0
Meghanm
What a great story DonnaLee! It is nice to hear a story with such a happy ending. I am sure that teacher and the puppy will have a great time together!
Meghan

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." ~ The Crow

"We don't "get over" our losses and just move on, we learn to live differently."
~ http://www.angelbluemist.com/frames/guilt.html
Quote 0 0
judylinn
Dianaruth, what you feel is called true and profound love, and when you feel that, the loss stays a very very long time. It's been 4 months for me, and I still cry alot for Maddie, I miss her so much. I will miss her all the rest of my life. She touched me in a very deep way, as did your Sadie.
I think too, around the holidays, it even gets harder.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.  Judy
Quote 0 0