Wileykitten
My heart is broken as I write this...Tonight on my way out of the hospital parking lot, I found a small gray tiger kitten that had been hit by a car. I got out and went back to see if she was still alive. As I knelt on the pavement next to her listening for a heartbeat or any signs of life, a kind stranger stood next to me, crying with me, over the loss of this innocent life. There was a small part of me that thought, "what if?" .. The other woman thought the same and we gently put the kitten on a paper bag "stretcher" and rushed to the animal hospital. The doctor saw us come in and tenderly took the kitten, carefully examined her.. Listening for a heartbeat.. He then looked at me and softly said, "I'm so sorry.. She's gone." I couldn't stop crying. The other woman was crying..
They left us alone with this little angel to spend some time before they took her away. We didn't know if it was a boy or girl, but I named her Abbey, after my beautiful Abbeyboo.
Her baby fur was shades of gray tiger markings and white... Her little green eyes must have had so much curiosity at one time. We pet her and I kissed her tiny face and told her I loved her and she would be safe and happy at Rainbow Bridge.. I know she was already there, probably watching us.
The vet explained in cases like this, the crematorium will take her and bury her in their cemetery at no charge.. She will have a beautiful final resting place of trees, fields, and flowers. I have seen pictures and it is extraordinary there.
In my sadness, the woman reminded me of that moment we were in the driveway.. How even tho it was such a busy time, there was an undeniable silence as we cried over her in the sunlight. No traffic, car radios, people talking.. Just the kitten and these two strangers broken, so desperate for her to be alive.
I'm writing this so anyone who reads it knows about this beautiful baby whose life ended much too soon.. That she was loved and is still loved and touched my life in such a way...
God bless you, little one.
You are so loved. ❤
Quote 0 0
Jenniferhiggs1221
Thoughts are with you at this time and i think that was the nicest and best thing to do..so that the poor tiny kitten was not just left there like a piece of trash but at least now will be burried..even though his/her time was far too short..i think he/she will know what was done for them
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Thank you, Jennifer.. I can't stop crying. I'm grateful for your reply xo
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Thank you for your taking the time with the lady you met, to try and help that poor little kitten. You showed it great empathy and compassion by doing so. And your  efforts resulted in that very young cat having a fitting resting place. You have a very kind, gentle and sweet soul. Again, thank you for being you!

XOXO,
James
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Thank you for your kind words, James.. God bless you xo

Your Marmalade looks like my Tanner. I'm very sorry for your loss. Praying for you xo
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Bless you and the other lady for showing love and compassion to that little kitty. What a kind soul ... because of you and your wonderful heart, the little kitty had love and was treated with dignity. Thank you for letting us know about this little grey soul that was on this Earth so briefly. My heart hurts for you, the other loving lady, the little grey kitty.
Praying for all the creatures out there needing love.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
BlairS
Thank you Wileykitten (and to the other unnamed woman as well) for showing such compassion.  A couple years ago I was out for a bike ride and I came across a cat on the road just a couple blocks from my house.  It was dead, and thankfully looked like it did not suffer.  I was deeply angry at whoever hit this poor animal and seemingly did not even stop, just leaving it in the middle of the road.  I don't know how many others had passed the scene before I got there - I would like to think not everyone is that heartless.  I was also profoundly sad that somebody's buddy was not going to be coming home that night.  Someone who probably felt a lot like I have these past months. I moved the body onto the grass and called the local pound to come pick them up knowing they would check for a tattoo or microchip and hopefully find the owner 

I cried a lot that day for that cat I did not know.  I posted a description on the local lost cats Facebook page and the owner was indeed missing her.  Thankfully if nothing else at least they had some closure.   Whenever I let my cat out after that, even though she was really good and mostly stayed in my yard, I always thought about that poor cat.  I'm crying again as I write this - both for my best buddy and for that person I don't know who could not be there for their friend's last moments.  Life just seems so unfair.

Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Thank you Michelle and Blair.. I have been thinking about that baby kitty all day. Everyone's thoughtful words are so comforting.
God bless you both.

Blair, thank you for stopping an moving the cat out of the road.. I don't understand either how people can just keep driving past and or hitting it again. It breaks my heart. How kind of you to post about it that the owners could have closure... So many people never get that.

Yes, life can be so unfair xo
Quote 0 0
MichelleKinkaid
Bless you Blair for your kindness and compassion for the little kitty you did not know. Tears are flowing as I read your post and as I type this message. My heart breaks when I hear stories like this ... it's hard to believe that some humans are so heartless to leave an animal there. Thank you again for all you did and going the extra mile to try and find the owner.
xoxo
Michelle Kinkaid
Quote 0 0
Jenniferhiggs1221
Wileykitten
Hope u are able to find a little bit of peace in all of this now..Not everybody would do what you did for that kitten..You have a huge heart and that kitten has crossed over the RB knowing that it was loved enough that someone wanted to help him..i know accidents happen but i still get so upset when seeing an animal has been hit and killed..breaks my heart.
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
((HUGS)) all of you ❤
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Stacie,
I had tears in my eyes reading your post. Such a precious little innocent life snuffed out so quickly!
Please give yourself a pat on the back for stopping and trying to help. If the little kitten was still alive when you and the other woman reached her then she would have felt so very comforted by your presence.
I hope you are doing okay. I know this would bring up so many sad memories for you.
Take Care and thank you for being so kind to this sweet little soul! 🌟
Hugs,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Thank you, MJ... I hope you are doing well, also. Thank God for this site. Everyone has been helping me so much in dealing with this ❤
Quote 0 0