sugarsmommyforever
It has been about a year since I was here last, when I first set up Sugar's residency.  In two days it will be the 2 year anniversary of when we put our wonderful cat Sugar to sleep.  I thank God that we have moved on.  It was one of the most painful times of my life and certainly the saddest day of my life -- when she got sick I had no idea I'd end up putting her to sleep and no idea just how excruciating it would be.  I had thought for certain she'd be with us for years to come.  It was terribly painful watching her go blind and have seizures.  I couldn't take it anymore, realizing there was no hope, and the best thing to do was end her pain.  But watching her dead in my arms after the needle was too much to bear and I screamed in pain for ages.

I still miss her very much.  We've moved on past the worst pain and a new kitty moved into our home some months later whom we adore.  But the day approaching brings upon grief.  I look forward to tomorrow night's candle light ceremony.

On the day she died I joined this wonderful site.  You all got me through beautifully. To all who have just lost a pet, be here, and stay here as long and as much as you need, at all hours of the day.  Let all the pain out.  And keep remembering your furbaby.  Sugar will always be with us.  I love you darling Sugar!!! xoxoxo
I Love Sugar
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
dearest sugarsmommyforever.  how true your name is as you are sugar's mommy forever and I wanted to say your post has helped me a wee bit since reading it.  I lost my dear service dog Roxie last night and there is not one place in my condo that I can go where I don't see her laying down or walking with me.  you reminded me that the vet asked if I wanted Roxie brought into the exam room after she crossed the bridge so I could spend time with her and I knew in my heart that her spirit wasn't in there anymore but free to run, chase sheep if she wanted to or just unite with my past dogs who have been over the bridge for quite some time.  I am truly trying to remind myself that the decision I made last night was for Roxie - the same decision you had to make with your dear sugar.  I do hope to get some sleep tonight but right now I am trying to keep the spirits of my pet pomapoo up since Roxie was her best buddy much as Roxie was mine.  I would love to show everyone who believes animals don't have emotions or "are just a pet" to see that other animals in the home are also affected by grief as we are by our loved fur-baby's passing.  Thank you for your post.  
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0