pam
Well, I have been marking the sad days since my beloved dog Mollie left me and today is an anniversary that brings no joy- it has been three months since I last held her, kissed her and told her that I loved her more than anything on this earth. While I try to be strong, sometimes the emotions just take over- you all know what it's like- tears are falling on my desk as I write this.

Yes, the pain is not so sharp as it once was, but the void her passing has left in my heart continues to be vast- sometimes I feel like a ship adrift at sea... any words of encouragement would help me tonight...

Pam

Quote 0 0
hopeful
I know how you are feeling.  It's only been about three weeks since Oscar arrived at the bridge, and the pain is still incredibly sharp.  It also doesn't feel real for me, not only his death, but that he was a dream, as well.  I want the memories to feel real.  I think I am still numb and pretty much on autopilot.  It has been raining a whole lot here and although I really used to think it was a pain to dry his and his brother, Miller's paws, I told my husband that I would dry Oscar's paws 10 times a day, if he could just come back.  He said he knew that I would.  I hope Oscar knows that too.  I do find some joy in drying Miller's paws, now.

I'm sure this post was a huge help. (sarcasm)  I really don't know how to provide any comfort right now, just know there are people here that have the same real and valid feelings as you.  Hopefully, in time we all find peace.
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Pam,

My heart goes out to you tonight.  I remember will what the three month marker was like for me.  I was still; so shell-shocked and traumatized from the loss.  Be easy on yourself and give yourself space and time to adjust.

Just as you are better now than you were three months ago, you will be even better three months from now.  If you're like me, you will remember those markers every time they roll around, but as time passes you will find the happier memories coming to you before the sad ones do.  That is a part of the evolution of grief.

Three months ago your sweet Mollie earned her wings and began her journey to a new life of eternal wellness and happiness.  She is your special angel, and she will never be more than a whisper away.

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
Mac
Pam,

I can only offer my prayers for you as I am approaching the same three month marker later this month - today for a reason I cannot pinpoint I am just in tears about my own loss...normally when others talk about our sweet girl I can join in, and remember a happy event, etc.  For some reason today it has hit me with sorrow and I cannot get past it.

Know that you did everything you could, and that your previous Mollie knows you loved her with everything that you had...

Quote 0 0
pam
This is a really rough road, isn't it. Thank you all for your words of comfort and prayers- they are much appreciated.

Pam
Quote 0 0